League Cup 18/19 - Group E

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AitchisonJag said:

What formation were Morton playing?

Might as well have been playing "nearies".

Those highlights looked brutal from us. Had Duffy given us that start last year, folk would have been wanting his head on a stick.

Firstly, let’s not get carried away. Morton are short of players and will strengthen whilst we are almost at full strength. However, I can’t believe how unfit the Morton players were in that second half. Have they not kicked a ball since May? Several Morton players were doubled up panting in the second half which for a full time professional football team is disappointing.

Firstly, let’s not get carried away. Morton are short of players and will strengthen whilst we are almost at full strength. However, I can’t believe how unfit the Morton players were in that second half. Have they not kicked a ball since May? Several Morton players were doubled up panting in the second half which for a full time professional football team is disappointing.

This, whilst it’s a very good result it’s the first game of the season and Morton are short of bodies and clearly fitness.

The real test will be Partick. If we can go to Firhill and get a result then it’ll be incredibly encouraging.

7 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Morton :lol:

I believe the operative word is 'sworded'.

No, a sword img would be better represented by the 5-0 gubbing  that one of your fellow scallywags refers to your team taking from Partick Thistle at this stage last year. Let's see what Tuesday brings when we play the same team before drawing comparisons, hmmm?

PS -  it's helluva hard to type with your fingers crossed.......

2 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

No, a sword img would be better represented by the 5-0 gubbing  that one of your fellow scallywags refers to your team taking from Partick Thistle at this stage last year. Let's see what Tuesday brings when we play the same team before drawing comparisons, hmmm?

PS -  it's helluva hard to type with your fingers crossed.......

Nah, 3-1/6-1 what's the difference, I'd have been absolutely beeling if Ayr had put in a performance like that in front of so many vociferous travelling fans, hopefully your mob pull their socks up pretty damn smartish.

On 7/14/2018 at 19:35, Buckfast said:

Scully was Mortons best player, if it wasn't for him in the first half it would have been a cricket score.    Morton are pish, relegation beckons for that lot if they don't get some new signings.

Agree, don't know why the Morton fans are hammering him when they would be better concentrating on the outfield players.  He wasn't great but he did probably stop us REALLY embarrassing them!

Agree, don't know why the Morton fans are hammering him when they would be better concentrating on the outfield players.  He wasn't great but he did probably stop us REALLY embarrassing them!
He had a couple of decent saves but he sold two goals. Particularly the second. Looks like he came out to wait for a bus at an imaginary bus stop on the 18 yard line.

Genuinely pumped for tomorrow night's game against Albion Rovers. While we're unlikely to get the better of the three Championship teams in the group, this game should be a solid indicator of where we are next season. I'd expect us to win given the Rovers' recent travails but they always body us, no matter what, so who knows.

11 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Genuinely pumped for tomorrow night's game against Albion Rovers. While we're unlikely to get the better of the three Championship teams in the group, this game should be a solid indicator of where we are next season. I'd expect us to win given the Rovers' recent travails but they always body us, no matter what, so who knows.

Don't know if you have followed Rovers pre-season results but they have been less than impressive. I fear an absolute doing tonight.

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

Not expecting anything against Partick tonight after our 'performance' on Saturday. No doubt O'Ware will get a goal. 

I'm hoping we'll be returning to a back four and seeing a much improved performance as a result, but if Gaston's still out we'll be needing to score four or five to get a result anyway.

53 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'm hoping we'll be returning to a back four and seeing a much improved performance as a result, but if Gaston's still out we'll be needing to score four or five to get a result anyway.

A back 4 with Kilday at RB is giving me the fear already. 

57 minutes ago, TurbineTon said:

I expect there to be changes tonight with injuries all over the side. 

Not expecting any sort of result either, but trying not to get worked up about it. We're definitely still short of players. 

What kind of changes can we really make? We only have McHugh and a few of the dev boys. Can't imagine Gaston is ready as he has only been back training less than a week.

Waddell went off injured which is a concern so back 4 will prob be Kilday, Buchanan, Iredale, Strapp.

Archived