League Cup 18/19 - Group E

You usually only see such a brutal shagging on the dark web.

The fandan with the drum should have hurled it over the seggie fence after the 2nd as The Ton were getting banged rotten by that time.

Shankland's going to do the same in this league, comfortably a class act at Championship level.

I liked Paddy Boyle but Harvie is at least a step or 2 up from him.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did my ears deceive me or did Morton fans start singing Footballs Coming Home in the first half?

It only lasted a minute or two so I’m presuming they were promptly silenced by their pals.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Did my ears deceive me or did Morton fans start singing Footballs Coming Home in the first half?

It only lasted a minute or two so I’m presuming they were promptly silenced by their pals.

No i'm pretty sure it was 'they're going home' probably in reference to Belgium taking an early lead against England.

Was in the Brooklyn Cafe with the wife (from Greenock) and wean at lunchtime today and she couldn't understand how happy I was to see 2 dads and 3 weans in full Morton kit come in.  Tried explaining to her that it's a sign that we are back in a league that teams will bring actual away fans to and think she eventually got it...

Anyway.  Shankland is my favourite Ton reject by far but Murdoch could challenge if he keeps this up.

Just watching the highlights there and I don't think I've ever felt such affinity to my team.

I'm 37 and in my time there's been some great cup runs and promotions but this team feels so much more organic (strange word to use I know).

I love both the home-grown element and the continuation of the squad. Normally every season there's at least half a dozen new players, often journeymen types that don't stay too long. To know basically the entire team without really thinking about it is a lovely feeling on the opening day.

f**k knows how long this will last but I feel brilliant about being an ayr fan at the moment. Well done to the lads and long may it continue.

I'm 34 and couldn't agree more.  Everyone is screaming about a lack of 'new signings' but like yourself i'm loving being able to look for the new guy rather than look for someone i recognise.  

This team did us proud last season and i'm delighted the majority are still here.  Feels like i'm supporting a 'team' rather than just the club if that makes sense

I'm 34 and couldn't agree more.  Everyone is screaming about a lack of 'new signings' but like yourself i'm loving being able to look for the new guy rather than look for someone i recognise.  
This team did us proud last season and i'm delighted the majority are still here.  Feels like i'm supporting a 'team' rather than just the club if that makes sense

impressive debut from Scully we will welcome him at Firhill on Tues (for one night only tho) if plays like that haha we did warn the ton fans on here [emoji2]

I liked Shankland when he was at Morton and thought a lot of the criticism was pretty harsh... however,  he does look about 3 stone lighter and a lot fitter in those highlights than he ever did at Morton. 

Scully at their 2nd and 3rd goals is comical. Thank f**k Gaston is nearly there in his recovery. 

Not overly disappointed at yesterday's result but equally don't think people should be writing it off completely.  How much money did we receive for reaching the semi final of this very competition a couple of years ago? Certainly not an insignificant amount to be sniffed at. 

That was a great confidence boosting start to the season, especially for super Lawrence Shankland and although it's still very early days, the fact we were playing against a good yardstick Championship side should wipe out any worries of us struggling to compete this season.

As a few of the guys have already mentioned, the togetherness of this team and group of players has been lacking for years and it's great to see a young free scoring Ayr team play with a smile on their faces.

A perfect start to hopefully what will turn out to be a fantastic and memorable season for us.

Just watching the highlights there and I don't think I've ever felt such affinity to my team.

I'm 37 and in my time there's been some great cup runs and promotions but this team feels so much more organic (strange word to use I know).

I love both the home-grown element and the continuation of the squad. Normally every season there's at least half a dozen new players, often journeymen types that don't stay too long. To know basically the entire team without really thinking about it is a lovely feeling on the opening day.

f**k knows how long this will last but I feel brilliant about being an ayr fan at the moment. Well done to the lads and long may it continue.
Brilliant comment, Fell away from actively going to games from about 02 to 2016 but this team has made me feel part of the club again

Archived