League Cup 18/19 - Group E

A win for us would be a fantastic start to the season, being able to beat a team from the same league we'll be competiting in would be a big morale booster aswell.

The squad on Saturday won't be a million miles off what we'll start the league but a few finishing touches are required with GK, CM and possibly CB.

Think the starting line-up will be the same as 'calum-ayr' has said unless Murdoch and a GK sign before Saturday.

Pre-Season has been pretty decent with 2 wins and only 1 defeat but wouldn't really say the attacking players have all clicked yet so probably more goals will come from us. Goalie situation isn't ideal and personally i'm a bit worried about how the defence will link up with Hare-Reid on Saturday at set pieces etc but willing to give him the chance to prove himself.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to be a flat pricing of £12/6 across all the ties.

Not on Thistle season card and can’t even be added to the card pre-match which is a bit shite. 

4 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Not on Thistle season card and can’t even be added to the card pre-match which is a bit shite. 

Not being able to add it to the season card is ridiculous. Not that there ever really was before, but now there really is literally no reason for buying a ticket in advance.

12 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

All four Thistle games are £12 and £6 but I think Ayr United home games are different prices. 

8 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

Not being able to add it to the season card is ridiculous. Not that there ever really was before, but now there really is literally no reason for buying a ticket in advance.

The ticket system this summer has been ridiculous with more bugs than ever before.

The decision was taken by the ticket office team to remove adding the game to the card to save confusion on matchday from 1. supporters who were mistaken that Betfred Cup ties are part of the season ticket and 2. Anyone who tried to add the game on their card and encountered some sort of issue resulting in non entry before the game. 

I believe at the Livingston second leg there was a small(but higher than normal) number of punters who had issues with their card and entry to the stadium. Given that it was our last game at home, I'd say the ticket office team have tried to make things easier for supporters on matchday by removing the thing which caused issues at the last game by going back to physical tickets(particularly since the game isn't on the ST)

16 hours ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

The ticket system this summer has been ridiculous with more bugs than ever before.

The decision was taken by the ticket office team to remove adding the game to the card to save confusion on matchday from 1. supporters who were mistaken that Betfred Cup ties are part of the season ticket and 2. Anyone who tried to add the game on their card and encountered some sort of issue resulting in non entry before the game. 

I believe at the Livingston second leg there was a small(but higher than normal) number of punters who had issues with their card and entry to the stadium. Given that it was our last game at home, I'd say the ticket office team have tried to make things easier for supporters on matchday by removing the thing which caused issues at the last game by going back to physical tickets(particularly since the game isn't on the ST)

Fair enough, that makes sense. Cheers for clarifying.

Won't make Sat but delighted competitive football is back. I am worried about Sat purely because we  have a new team still getting to know each other, probably only have 4 starting from last season,  whereas Ayr have a similar 11 which won the league. We have played a couple of friendlies, but worried the players will need some more time to gel.

Should line up something like;

Scully

Kilday Kerr Buchanan Iredale

Millar

Tidser McAlister

MacLean                            Telfer

Oliver

Bench- Farrell, Strapp, Langan, McHugh, Armour

We have had winger Dean Hawkshaw (previously of Killie) and defensive mid Kyle Thomson from an American Uni team training for a few weeks now and  have both been involved in all the friendlies so would imagine they might be offered something this week.

Also had who we think was  Reghan Tumilty ( ex Ross county, on loan at Falkirk last season) on trial and played right back last night so potentially another one to sign before Sat.

The starting 11 looks decent an should have enough about them to get a result but the bench badly needs a bit of experience and quality on there. ( Derek Gaston,  Robert Thompson and Denny Johnstone all injured at the moment)

Optimistic 1-2 win! Oliver and McAlister with the goals.

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Looks like we could have another few ex Morton boys in the team on Saturday. Andy Murdoch has agreed to sign and Ross Doohan has been strongly linked with a loan move. 

Very surprised Murdoch didn’t manage a better move but he’ll do well for Ayr. 

Not entirely sure who the best fit will be playing next to Murdoch - Docherty when he is fit but not sure until then!

New GK

Geggan Bell Rose Harvie

McDaid Kerr Murdoch Crawford

Moffat Shankland

Think Adams will start ahead of Bell considering he’s played there in pre-season.

Had Kerr down to play as well but perhaps question marks over him considering he’s not played any friendlies either.

Think Adams will start ahead of Bell considering he’s played there in pre-season.

Had Kerr down to play as well but perhaps question marks over him considering he’s not played any friendlies either.

Think Bell is better at centre half than Adams, not exactly much in it though. If Kerr isn’t fit to start one of them will play in midfield anyway.

Murdoch won't have had that much of a pre-season or played in any bounce games. Will he start?

He’s played in all of our ore season games, I think.

We’ve made 3 signings today so this is probably the updated team I’d go with:

Doohan

Geggan Rose Bell Harvie 

McDaid Murdoch Kerr Crawford 

Moore Shankland 

Subs; Hare-Reid, Ferguson, Adams, Forrest, McGuffie, Murphy, Moffat 

Archived