League Cup Group C

RiG

Aside from getting Cowdenbeath again pretty happy with the draw from an ICT perspective. Suspect we'll face Hearts at Tynecastle, possibly on TV as well, and hopefully we get Cove away. Looking forward to Cove and Cowdenbeath killing each other when they play.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumour on our thread that apparently we're looking for all our games to be played away from home as we're putting down a plastic pitch which isn't expected to be completed at that point. Wouldn't be too bothered if it was the case, despite our shocking away form. 

30 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Rumour on our thread that apparently we're looking for all our games to be played away from home as we're putting down a plastic pitch which isn't expected to be completed at that point. Wouldn't be too bothered if it was the case, despite our shocking away form. 

Only thing is I'm not sure what Cove & Inverness will think about that as they would've been due to be at home to us anyway providing it's the same formula as last season leaving an imbalance of them still having the 2 home & 2 away while Hearts & Cowdenbeath have 3 home & 1 away.

Confirmed in today's Fife Free Press that we're likely to request all our ties to be away from home, be interesting to see if the SPFL accept given the imbalance it will create or if they insist we find a neutral venue.

28 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Think Raith will surely have to play the games at a neutral venue? I'm sure the Pars would be more than accommodating.

Hearts vs Caley at Tynie with John Robertson in charge of the visitors sounds like a slam dunk selection for BT tbh.

Can't wait for Mulraney to prove me wrong and turn into a world beater over the course of the summer.

I suppose it was inevitable that Cove Rangers and Cowdenbeath would be drawn together - bit unfortunate after the hullabaloo of their last meeting.

Surely that's got to be one of the televised games!!!

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 12:19, doonhamer64 said:

I suppose it was inevitable that Cove Rangers and Cowdenbeath would be drawn together - bit unfortunate after the hullabaloo of their last meeting.

Unfortunate? In what way.

Oh great, Cowdenbeath away again...

Expected Raith at home and whilst Hearts away is good I'm disappointed we didn't get Cove away.

Provisionally arranged to play home fixtures at Methil. Imagine they'll want the guys working gang busters to get the pitch ready for the Hearts game.

Think the pitch will need to be ready long before the Hearts match actually takes place - at least two weeks in order to make ticket arrangements, etc.

Bit of a disaster, losing out on a decent chunk of money. BT picking the game up helps a little, we’re bound to get some sort of money for that?

4-5k at Starks versus 2k at Bayview, minus a fee to East Fife? Ironically the difference in that would’ve probably made the necessary repairs to the grass pitch...

Think the pitch will need to be ready long before the Hearts match actually takes place - at least two weeks in order to make ticket arrangements, etc.

Bit of a disaster, losing out on a decent chunk of money. BT picking the game up helps a little, we’re bound to get some sort of money for that?

4-5k at Starks versus 2k at Bayview, minus a fee to East Fife? Ironically the difference in that would’ve probably made the necessary repairs to the grass pitch...
Possibly would have been looked at, but would Falkirk not have been a better option than Methil for that game? Especially when Falkirk aren't playing that weekend.

4 minutes ago, true_rover said:
11 minutes ago, Paco said:

Possibly would have been looked at, but would Falkirk not have been a better option than Methil for that game? Especially when Falkirk aren't playing that weekend.

Maybe you have to have one designated ground to play your games?

3 minutes ago, true_rover said:
10 minutes ago, Paco said:

I can't find any fixtures yet, however, East Stirlingshire are now ground sharing with Falkirk so this would be a stumbling block.

Just now, Zen Archer said:

I can't find any fixtures yet, however, East Stirlingshire are now ground sharing with Falkirk so this would be a stumbling block.

Lowland League dosn't start until the 28th so Shire wouldn't have a game.

Archived