League Cup Group C

RiG

No teams have been booted out of competitions, they've been handed 3-0 defeats, which in knockout football eliminates them.  This wasn't a knockout game.

There's no hard and fast rule.  Cove and Annan were fined for similar offences although their players never came off the bench and Ddunfermline were allowed a replay in the Scottish for playing a suspended player.  It'll be a 3-0 award to Cove or a fine IMO especially with us playing tomorrow.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because what's the point of a televised match with a club that's getting booted out and fans paying £15 for tickets to watch it.

Nobody is getting booted out, calm down to a frenzy man

The state we're in, you can't blame the man for clutching at straws

Everyone except the Rovers could be chucked and you’d still find a way to crash out. Which I take no pleasure. Fife needs a strong Rovers.

I was at the Raith vs Cowdenbeath game last weekend and I was surprised how poor Raith were. Despite having 5 or 6 first-team players out, their starting 11 was more than good enough to compete better against Cowden.

With only Lewis Milne potentially returning tomorrow to boost the numbers, it is going to be a tough match against Hearts. Even if guys like Lewis Vaughan and Liam Buchanan were fit, it'd still be a hard slog for the Rovers, but, they need a major improvement tomorrow if they are to take anything out of the match. 

Robbie Thomson was defiant this midweek that a reaction was needed and he was confident this would happen. I think it is going to be a long-shot for Barry Smith's side tomorrow tbh and I am going to say a Hearts win should be on the cards. 

However, football is a funny old game... I'm looking forward to heading along and seeing how both sides fare. 

Good luck to either team for tomorrow. :thumsup2

At no time should  ever be a 3-0 win for the opposition, that makes a mockery of the competition. It was the irn bru cup that albion rovers were thrown out off. 

What do you suggest?

5 hours ago, foreverarover said:

It was the irn bru cup that albion rovers were thrown out off. 

No, Spartans were given a 3-0 win. There's a subtle but important difference.

Going along as a neutral / Raith well wisher today. 

Hopefully my East Coast hosts can be considerate and keep the dreadful accents on 'mute' setting for the afternoon, particularly if they are from Fife. 

If that happens and the rain stays off it has the makings of a great cup tie. 

Certainly not a 3-0 win for the opposition. That makes the whole league a pointless exercise.

So that’s one thing ruled out. It’ll save time if you just say what you suggest and not individually list everything you wouldn’t do.

3 hours ago, Shanner said:

Going along as a neutral / Raith well wisher today. 

Hopefully my East Coast hosts can be considerate and keep the dreadful accents on 'mute' setting for the afternoon, particularly if they are from Fife. 

If that happens and the rain stays off it has the makings of a great cup tie. 

I hope you've bought a ticket.

Certainly not a 3-0 win for the opposition. That makes the whole league a pointless exercise.

Not sticking to the rules of the competition makes the whole thing a pointless exercise.
Any team who does it deserves to lose the game they cheated in, mistake or no mistake.

I will be watching as a neutral not fussed about who wins just hoping for a decent game.

Does anyone think that Raith has a chance of winning this or will Hearts be to strong and get a straightforward victory?

Archived