League Cup Group C

RiG

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The SPFL seem to be saying that Raith are playing at Bayview. Doesn't mention anything about provisional or "just in case" Starks isn't ready.
Didn't realise you got any extra money for being on TV.

Yes, I think East Fife can expect to receive something for the cameras being brought into THEIR ground!!![emoji6]
Also as for the race to get Starks ready, I think it would have to be quicker than you think for it to be completed on time, I'm sure once the surface goes down there is an actual cooling off period for the surface in order to settle, or I at least recall such a thing when our pitch went down last season!!!
So those thoughts and dreams of people rallying round to help lay the surface just in time for the game an hour later just wouldn't be happening I'm afraid!!!

£12,500 for each club in a televised group game last season. That's the equivalent of 800 Jambos at £15 a head.

Would guess we'll only give them 800 tickets max at Bayview so we're probably missing out on 2,000 away fans (£30k or so). That's our midfield general right there.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, shuggz said:

There is a hotel on Wellington Rd just south of junction of Redmoss Rd..about 10 min walk(assuming its still open,haven't been up that way for ages)

Cheers mate, much appreciated - checked google and it looks open still (taking bookings etc.).  Looks soulless as f**k though :lol: Seriously, what good is it travelling and going to a highland league ground if there isn't a social club in the main stand doing 70ml doubles for 2.50? Hoping the social club pulls through...

For those interested I emailed Cove Rangers last night - they are apparently still constructing the new social club bar and may/may not have it in place and up and running for the league cup games. There will be a club update closer to the time.

Also, the Wellington is apparently a well-trodden haunt for those going to the football so this is a decent option B. 

17 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Quite a line up there. Looking forward to seeing what formation we cobble together from that line up.

4 4 2, what else.

Midfield of McKay Gillespie Matthews and Valentine.

ETA or Matthews Gillespie Davo Valentine with McKay in defence

Archived