League Cup 2018/19 Group G

I always thought there had to be two hands on the ball? Has the law changed or is that just a myth? Also, there is no way even if both hands were touching the ball there that it can be classed as him having control of the ball.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Flash
10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I always thought there had to be two hands on the ball? Has the law changed or is that just a myth? Also, there is no way even if both hands were touching the ball there that it can be classed as him having control of the ball.

Not that sure Antell has control of the ball when he has both hands on it and is standing up.

31 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If you have your hand on top of the ball which is on the ground I believe that's deemed control. It's hard to tell if he did though. It looked to me like his fingers might just about be on it but not actually pushing it towards the ground. It's a marginal call but as I said before, I think he got lucky and got the benefit of the doubt. I wonder if he'd have got the same benefit if it had been 0-0? It's an easy decision to give at 4-0. Hopefully the one goal makes no odds for us in the end.

Absolute myth.

Seems a pretty easy decision for the ref. Antell gets his hand on top of the ball in more than enough time. Before Dobbie kicks it.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

Sound the “The Borders” klaxon!

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2018/07/23/need-to-know-a-look-at-queens/

How fucking hard is for people to realise that a team from Dumfries are from Dumfries and Galloway? It’s in the name for f**k sake!

In fairness to be pedantic, it uses "borders" without capitalising it so it's not actually wrong. We are close to the "border" without being in the "Borders".

BT probs wishing they picked QOTS and Murderwell for the televised game on Saturday, hopefully we can at least not get beat at Stranraer and not get embarrassed against Mwell 
BT can go and f**k themselves. I've still no idea who thought Clyde Vs Motherwell was a good idea. I'm not even saying Motherwell Vs QoS should have been a pick. But if they had planned on picking one from this group then it was surely a no brainer. I sincerely hope the televised game is a complete snoozefest and tomorrow's game is a thriller.

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

In fairness to be pedantic, it uses "borders" without capitalising it so it's not actually wrong. We are close to the "border" without being in the "Borders".

What borders are we close to because I can only think of one?  We are not from the borders, or The Borders no matter how you dress it up.  We are from Dumfries and Galloway which is near a border.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
11 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:
BT probs wishing they picked QOTS and Murderwell for the televised game on Saturday, hopefully we can at least not get beat at Stranraer and not get embarrassed against Mwell 

BT can go and f**k themselves. I've still no idea who thought Clyde Vs Motherwell was a good idea. I'm not even saying Motherwell Vs QoS should have been a pick. But if they had planned on picking one from this group then it was surely a no brainer. I sincerely hope the televised game is a complete snoozefest and tomorrow's game is a thriller.

All the televised games so far have been complete snoozefests so nothing new if Clyde v Motherwell is too 

40 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

You're basically England. 

Because we have easily brushed aside the cannon-fodder in the group stage, and will likely go out against the first half decent opponent we face?  Hard to argue with that comparison.

Looking forward to the game tonight - we must have played QotS as rarely as any team in the top 2 tiers over the years and it also feels pleasingly meaningful for this stage of the season as we need to be winning this. It remains to be seen what effect  a kick up the arse after saturday and a team closer to our 1st eleven (minus Dunne sadly) will do. 

At this stage, I'm already looking for clues about our first choice striking pair will be - I'd like to see Main and Johnson start tonight as I think they are different types and the poacher and battering ram combination appeals to me :) 

Any kind of win will do - but i expect a close game and there will likely only be a goal in it either way...

It would be so unlike Motherwell to make this a stress free game / evening. Then again it was so unlike Motherwell last season to beat Rangers in a semi final and reach 2 cup finals. 

All that said it is clear quite a few of our players are still not fit enough, inc our Captain who has played all of one full game since being out for 7 months ! 

Dobbie is odds on to score so we will need to score 2 or more to win imho. 

We are at home so I will be optimistic and go for a narrow 1 goal win with us hanging on at the end meaning it will be anything but stress free. 

Looking forward to the game tonight - we must have played QotS as rarely as any team in the top 2 tiers over the years and it also feels pleasingly meaningful for this stage of the season as we need to be winning this.

Only played 53 times total and the majority of those came up to the 60s.

This will be only the 5th time in 40 years;

07/02/2004 - SC - 3-2 Well
26/01/1980 - SC 2-0 Queens

Shared a division in 81/82, and before that the last time was 1968/1969.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

Because we have easily brushed aside the cannon-fodder in the group stage, and will likely go out against the first half decent opponent we face?  Hard to argue with that comparison.

Not to forget the likelihood of defeat tonight in the final meaningless group game against a better team, who play in a sort of red/yellow/browney kinda strip.

4 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:

Only played 53 times total and the majority of those came up to the 60s.

This will be only the 5th time in 40 years;

07/02/2004 - SC - 3-2 Well
26/01/1980 - SC 2-0 Queens

Shared a division in 81/82, and before that the last time was 1968/1969.

I've been going since the mid-80's and I've only seen Queens once, so I knew it was something crazy like that..

11 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Don't make excuses for whichever simpleton composed that piece.  Cammy is spot on.  We're not from "the borders" capitalised or otherwise, in any respect.  It's just another example of the central belt ignorance most of us are familiar with.  

We're not even that close to the border - about 25 miles.  That's the sort of distance Motherwell is from Paisley or from Livingston.  Would it be ok to describe them as the Renfrewshire outfit or the West Lothian side?

The klaxon should always be sounded and we should all heed its signal.

Archived