League Cup 2018/19 Group G

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on Stephen -  still have nightmares to that 7-1 game under John Brown. I thought I was moving on!

In all seriousness, it sounds like we did okay tonight. Disappointing to lose two goals so quickly but hey.

Guest Flash
30 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Have you got 10 on your books?

We have a total of 12 senior outfield players (ie not U20s who have never played in the first team) one of whom is out until Christmas. Plus one squad player promoted from the U20s last season and one this.  Effectively a total of 13 outfield players to pick from. Tbf, ony 2 of them are strikers, so we could play 10 defenders and midfielders.

We have a total of 12 senior outfield players (ie not U20s who have never played in the first team) one of whom is out until Christmas. Plus one squad player promoted from the U20s last season and one this.  Effectively a total of 13 outfield players to pick from. Tbf, ony 2 of them are strikers, so we could play 10 defenders and midfielders.

Is Craig Levein your manager, he has the perfect formation for you. I still have nightmares about his 4-6-0 formation!

Redemption for us after Saturday. Played well but Queens superior fitness and quality showed in the end. Best of luck to the South this year.

Weak team we put out. Predictable pattern to the match: pace kept for 45 then capitulate. Fairly standard midweek encounter between a full-time and a part-time team.

Think it's clear that our attitude to this tournament is less than serious. Lennon's post Edinburgh comments and the squad rotations bring that out.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Can remember watching Clyde on Scotsport the year they threw away the league and I commented frequently how jammy they were. Always seemed to get the breaks or deflected goals. 

:lol::lol::lol:

Aye and the mare we practised, the luckier we seemed tae get

Jesus fucking Christ, gie yer brain a phone and see if anyone answers

Weak team we put out. Predictable pattern to the match: pace kept for 45 then capitulate. Fairly standard midweek encounter between a full-time and a part-time team.

Think it's clear that our attitude to this tournament is less than serious. Lennon's post Edinburgh comments and the squad rotations bring that out.
You would expect queens to win they are two leagues above us and Dobbie is a class act I agree seems like we are using these as friendlies unfortunately I doubt Motherwell will if as likely we go into the first league game on the back of a very poor league cup section , puts pressure to perform on the 4th of August

Clyde keeper had some top drawer saves , one in second half  was  as good as you will see . Thought Dykes had a good game ,Mercer great cross for Dobbs goal .

Dobbie didn't let his head drop after several near misses first half .Second half well , that's why we love him .

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]
Aye and the mare we practised, the luckier we seemed tae get
Jesus fucking Christ, gie yer brain a phone and see if anyone answers
English please.

Clyde Vs Motherwell a televised game. Seriously?
It's a weird decision to say the least. We're hardly Big Time but I'd say there is more chance of us providing an upset against Motherwell than Clyde. And given it's the last fixture there is every chance Clyde will have nothing to play for at that stage anyway.
As expected. Ridiculous decision.

Job done really, though given our performances against lower sides last season it's certainly a positive. Clyde's 'keeper was comfortably their MoM followed by Old Man Nicol in the middle. They kept us out in the first (just) but offered nothing going forward in either half until we were cruising. They'll score plenty in their division though with Goodwillie, who was anonymous tonight.

Doyle our best player for me.

2 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I hate folk saying that these games are glorified friendlies.

It's the League Cup. One of the 3 major trophies of Scottish football.

You may hate people saying it but that is exactly what they are. Lets be honest we are not going to win the thing, for me the best  thing we can gain from this competition is  to get some competitive games under our belt and iron out a few things and be sharper for when the real action starts.

Enjoyable run out tonight - it was looking like it could have got a bit embarrassing at one stage but the 2nd half was (predictably given the scoreline) a training match. At this stage of the pre-season, the gulf in fitness was pretty obvious between the sides as much as any gulf in class. 

I'm not sure we learned much about the new boys tonight - all looked tidy enough under minimal pressure - and by the time the 2 new strikers came on, we had stopped making much in the way of chances. Frear looked a lot more like the player we saw in his first season rather than the peripheral figure from last year - hope that will continue into the season proper. No Bigi in the squad tonight looks like bad news for the quality of club media output.

Quite enjoyed the scoreboard.

Archived