League Cup 2018/19 Group G

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, clyde_darren said:

If you were to beat Motherwell it wouldn’t be the biggest shock but if we did it would be a massive shock that’s why and with Danny Lennon we’ve been great so there’s always a chance. We have a good stadium and will get a decent crowd so I understand the reasoning just a little surprised.

Perhaps. Broadwood isn't a "good stadium" though. It's not a dump but it's probably one of the worst grounds I've been to in Scotland. Fucking freezing no matter what time of year. The two empty stands and the constant girning from Clyde fans kills any kind of atmosphere as well.

FTFY.

I wanted at least one trip to the south-west. Broadwood and Fir Park? Meh.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps. Broadwood isn't a "good stadium" though. It's not a dump but it's probably one of the worst grounds I've been to in Scotland. Fucking freezing no matter what time of year. The two empty stands kills any kind of atmosphere as well.

As a whole, the experience at broadwood might be poorer but from the outside the size of the stadium for the club we are and the division we are in is relatively good.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, clyde_darren said:

If you were to beat Motherwell it wouldn’t be the biggest shock but if we did it would be a massive shock that’s why and with Danny Lennon we’ve been great so there’s always a chance. We have a good stadium and will get a decent crowd so I understand the reasoning just a little surprised.

Perhaps. Broadwood isn't a "good stadium" though. It's not a dump but it's probably one of the worst grounds I've been to in Scotland. Fucking freezing no matter what time of year. The two empty stands kills any kind of atmosphere as well.

The atmosphere improves tenfold when there are no rattlers or bagpipes constantly being played.

Queen of the south away on a Tuesday is excellent news. The Tuesday and Wednesday will be booked off work. 

Not surprised Clyde got picked for BT Sports at all kinda expected it to be honest.. and quite happy with this group I’ll be going to QOS away definitely.. not too fussed about Stranraer and a home game against Motherwell that is also on tele.. any game against Edinburgh City is not appealing right enough 

Not surprised Clyde got picked for BT Sports at all kinda expected it to be honest.. and quite happy with this group I’ll be going to QOS away definitely.. not too fussed about Stranraer and a home game against Motherwell that is also on tele.. any game against Edinburgh City is not appealing right enough 
Why did you expect it?

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
13 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Why did you expect it?

Decent club, wel none manager, David Goodwillie and a Big stadium perfect for television and it’s something different 

And I do think we have a small chance of progressing 

My only concern for the Motherwell televised game is that we will likely already be through having won the other three games at a canter. If we choose to rest players and play our reserves against a Premiership team, it could end badly. We might only win by two or three goals.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

You'd be safer playing a reserve player in place of Rankin against Motherwell tbh.

He told me he deliberately played shit his entire time with yous because he knew Clyde were sniffing about, wouldn’t be surprised if he puts in a MOTM performance and even grabs himself a goal against the South 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With a week to go until the group stage begins who thinks there squad is ready? For ourselves we have a decent starting midfield and good starting strikers. defence is still weak and we have an appalling strength in depth in certain areas of the pitch. We should finish second in the group but we need to be ruthless and clinical against Clyde, City and Stranraer to guarantee it. 

Is there a match thread for our game I can't find?

Quite looking forward to tomorrow's game. More so now we have a defence signed up. Hopefully a solid start with a win and clean sheet but as above, I'm far from confident given our record against lower division sides under GN. I expect one or both new defenders to start. Hopefully Dobbie starts as he means to go on.

Archived