Sign in to follow this  
ancientnoise

League Cup Group H

I can't wait to go to Ainslie Park and cross another ground off the list. With our friendly against East Kilbride in our "free" midweek fixture that'll be two grounds to tick off before the league even starts!

...yes, I'm a bit of a saddo when it comes to this stuff.

17 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I can't wait to go to Ainslie Park and cross another ground off the list. With our friendly against East Kilbride in our "free" midweek fixture that'll be two grounds to tick off before the league even starts!

Ha likewise, I'd have been gutted had we not got Spartans away.

Saw us at the New Dumbarton ground already so not fussed about that one.

Anyone know how much the away end holds? I reckon we'll have a massive crowd through at it.

22 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Nothing sad with that! Ainslie Park will be number 39/42 for me. Only Borough Briggs, Victoria Park and Links Park to go after that! I'll get Montrose done this season, which just leavs the two Highland teams...although I have been to both stadiums, just not for a game!

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Ha likewise, I'd have been gutted had we not got Spartans away.

Saw us at the New Dumbarton ground already so not fussed about that one.

Anyone know how much the away end holds? I reckon we'll have a massive crowd through at it.

750. Can be brought up to 900 though I think. I don't imagine the home end will be too busy, so you should get in no bother.

Edited by Ross Forbes

10 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Nothing sad with that! Ainslie Park will be number 39/42 for me. Only Borough Briggs, Victoria Park and Links Park to go after that! I'll get Montrose done this season, which just leavs the two Highland teams...although I have been to both stadiums, just not for a game!

750. Can be brought up to 900 though I think. I don't imagine the home end will be too busy, so you should get in no bother.

Cool, will it be all ticket as I think we'll take that easily enough as it's a new ground for most unless they went pre season about 10 years back like myself.

Any idea of allocation at Spartans?

I've done Borough Briggs Pre Season and Dingswall numerous times including a few times midweek ha.

Funnily enough, Links Park is one of the few I've yet to visit. I'm on 37/42 but not too bad considering we've been in the SPL for the last 25 years.

Missing Links Park, Cliftonhill, Stair Park, Ainslie Park and Edinburgh City.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

41 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Cool, will it be all ticket as I think we'll take that easily enough as it's a new ground for most unless they went pre season about 10 years back like myself.

Any idea of allocation at Spartans?

I've done Borough Briggs Pre Season and Dingswall numerous times including a few times midweek ha.

Funnily enough, Links Park is one of the few I've yet to visit. I'm on 37/42 but not too bad considering we've been in the SPL for the last 25 years.

Missing Links Park, Cliftonhill, Stair Park, Ainslie Park and Edinburgh City.

Kill two birds with one stone there.

If you guys are expecting a big number then I'd imagine it will be all ticket, aye. I don't think prices have been made public yet though, so we'll probably find out then.

8 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Kill two birds with one stone there.

If you guys are expecting a big number then I'd imagine it will be all ticket, aye. I don't think prices have been made public yet though, so we'll probably find out then.

Ha, forgot they both played there. 

Aye, it's our first Saturday game of the season and think we had about 1000+ at Clyde two years back in same fixture, so I'd expect the same. if not more as this isn't involving a trip to Cumbernauld!

Edited by Squirrelhumper

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Ha, forgot they both played there. 

Aye, it's our first Saturday game of the season and think we had about 1,000 at Clyde two years back in same fixture, so I'd expect the same. if not more as this isn't involving a trip to Cumbernauld!

If you're bringing more than 1,000 then I imagine we'll give you a section of the home end as well. We'll have about 400-500 there max I'd imagine.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If you're bringing more than 1,000 then I imagine we'll give you a section of the home end as well. We'll have about 400-500 there max I'd imagine.

Cool, I'm sure everyone will get in!

On 6/12/2018 at 12:32, Ross Forbes said:

Does seeing Spartans at Ainslie Park count though? Spartans arn't a league team. I've seen us play a league game at every league ground in Scotland except Ainslie. Would have to see us against Edinburgh in the league for it to count for me.

29 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Does seeing Spartans at Ainslie Park count though? Spartans arn't a league team. I've seen us play a league game at every league ground in Scotland except Ainslie. Would have to see us against Edinburgh in the league for it to count for me.

It does to me, aye. There are a couple of grounds I've ticked off that I haven't seen us playing at (Fir Park is the first one that comes to mind). The only stipulation I have is that I have to have seen a game there - so visiting Borough Briggs on a non-matchday just because I was up there doesn't count.

Did we not play Edinburgh City at Ainslie Park in a friendly in Stevie's first season (I was on holiday so missed that one),  or do you only count competitive games?

Edit: Just read the final paragraph of the post again - you set yourself some tough targets!

Edited by Ross Forbes

Prices for our games with QP and Killie confirmed:

Tuesday, July 17, 7.45pm: Dumbarton v Q Park
Adults - £13, Concessions - £7. U-12s - Free when accompanied by an adult

Saturday, July 21, 3pm: Dumbarton v Kilmarnock
Adults - £15, Concessions - £10, U-16s - £5

Edited by The Moonster

Prices for our games with QP and Killie confirmed:
Tuesday, July 17, 7.45pm: Dumbarton v Q Park
Adults - £13, Concessions - £7. U-12s - Free when accompanied by an adult
Saturday, July 21, 3pm: Dumbarton v Kilmarnock
Adults - £15, Concessions - £10, U-16s - £5

Good prices and a great gesture to let U-12s in free. Take it that it would have been too big a loss of revenue to let them in free against us too? Not having a dig, genuine question.

St Mirren vs Spartans

BetFred Cup

Venue: Simple Digital Arena, Paisley

Date: Tuesday 17th July 2018

Kick-off: 7:45pm

Ticket Prices

Adult - £12

Concessions - £6

The Main Stand and West Stand will be open to St Mirren fans for this match with the Spartans fans getting access to sections M8 and M9 in the Main Stand.

Season Tickets are not valid for this game.

St Mirren vs Dumbarton

BetFred Cup

Venue: Simple Digital Arena, Paisley

Date: Saturday 28th July 2018

Kick-off: 3:00pm

Ticket Prices

Adult - £12

Concessions - £6

The Main Stand and West Stand will be open to St Mirren fans for this match with the Dumbarton fans getting access to sections M8 and M9 in the Main Stand.

Season Tickets are not valid for this game.

Saints' away tie against Queen's Park in the BetFred Cup will be pay-at-the-gate, the details are as follows:

Queen's Park vs St Mirren

BetFred Cup

Venue: Hampden Park, Glasgow

Date: Tuesday 24th July 2018

Kick-off: 7:45pm

Gate Prices

Adult - £14

Concessions - £5

Child* - £3

* For children 16 and under. Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.

24 minutes ago, fullmetaljacket said:

Good prices and a great gesture to let U-12s in free. Take it that it would have been too big a loss of revenue to let them in free against us too? Not having a dig, genuine question.

The prices are agreed by both clubs, so I think it will have been Killie who asked for the U12s to be charged.

1 hour ago, fullmetaljacket said:

42 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

The prices are agreed by both clubs, so I think it will have been Killie who asked for the U12s to be charged.

RF be correct. 

Any Spartans fans able to give me a wee list of your ins and outs so far this summer? Just getting started on making up an infographic template for the Betfred games (like the one below) and thought I'd replace the 'First Leg' section with 'Summer Signings'.

I know there are Killie tickets on our online ticket site but it's a total disaster which doesn't work for me. What's the chances of pay at the gate on the night?

I know there are Killie tickets on our online ticket site but it's a total disaster which doesn't work for me. What's the chances of pay at the gate on the night?

More than likely, nobody in Killie will be buying a ticket for a preseason cup fixture.

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 22:30, jimmy boo said:

There will be PATG - away stand holds 4,400.