League Cup Group D

25 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Like I said at the start I didn’t want to be harsh or name names but the issue with the fitness levels were that glaring I thought it had to be mentioned. Stirling or Peterhead weren’t like that. 

But you seem quite content that Dundee could only manage 2 against an unfit shite  partime team. Dont get me wrong i do know we have major issues and fitness seems to be one of these

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

But you seem quite content that Dundee could only manage 2 against an unfit shite  partime team. Dont get me wrong i do know we have major issues and fitness seems to be one of these

I’m not content. Our strikers aren’t good enough. 

Well, without Hamilton, Moon, Barr and Smith this was always going to be an ask for the Binos and so it proved to be.

Not going to pretend the Pars didnt deserve their victory, they did, particularly on the second half showing but i thought we did ok. Kept trying to play football and had some decent passages of play, especially in the first half with some of our younger players

Push on Stewart in the box in the second half at 2-1 ? Thought so but Mike Roncone is the worst referee ive seen and he waved it away. I assume it was Dave McKays reaction that led to him being invited to take a seat in the stand.

All in all, beaten but hardly disgraced and a few of the younger players did themselves no harm.

And, good to be back at East End. Always enjoy my visits.......even though we never win

Best of luck to Pars for the season ahead.

That's the first time I've watched us this season. Overall we were well worth the win but in the first half we seemed a bit disjointed and off the pace. It was maybe due to AJ likely trying out a few things for the United game with Craigen at fullback.
Thoughts
Gill - keen for him to do well but seemed to have an effect on the defence of uncertainty and also flapped at a few crosses. Not first team material yet unfortunately.
J Longridge looks like an improvement on Talbot or Martin. Great addition.
Devine/Durnan/Ashcroft not really troubled but seemed to miss lots of high balls rather than head them away. Hard to judge with no real test.
Craigen did ok at full back. Not sure why Martin wasn't playing?
Vincent - composed and took his goal well.
Thomson - not bad. Thinking he will be benched when Beadling comes back. Good squad player.
L Longridge - some nice touches and play.
Fais - lots of running and skill. No need for review he's quality.
Hippo - strong and quick but maybe needs some coaching on positioning if he's going to continue as a striker. Why did falkirk let him go? One of the best attacking players in the league.
Subs
Ryan - needs a run in the team. Looks to be bang in form and arguably has done more than Fais so far.
Connolly - I like him. Very much like Joe and battles away. Arguably looks better than longridge but maybe less physical for defending?

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Wtf was Tapping’s reaction to Spence all about in the 1st half. There was a clear accidental clash of heads that he went OTT at. f**k knows how Spence got booked. 

It was simply the classic referee response to handbags - book both players. 

Push on Stewart in the box in the second half at 2-1 ? Thought so but Mike Roncone is the worst referee ive seen and he waved it away. I assume it was Dave McKays reaction that led to him being invited to take a seat in the stand.

_DSC2459.jpg
Not a happy bunny, was moved on twice too. He apparently had a sweary rant at the linesman which resulted in the banishment (have it from someone who heard it).

The ref had a few dodgy decisions in the game, so wouldn’t be surprised if it should have been a pen.

_DSC2459.thumb.jpg.b3b6f1e542f787f25254e61042aaf530.jpg
Not a happy bunny, was moved on twice too. He apparently had a sweary rant at the linesman which resulted in the banishment (have it from someone who heard it).

The ref had a few dodgy decisions in the game, so wouldn’t be surprised if it should have been a pen.

We couldn’t see the dugout from where we were sitting, but when it became clear that someone had been sent to the stand, in our little section, we were surprised that it was Mackay. I’m also surprised that he had “a sweary rant” towards the linesman. In the season and a half of sitting behind the dugouts at Forthbank, it’s not a side of him you see, so somewhat out of character. Yeah, he can lose his head like everyone can but in a controlled manner.

The penalty was as clear as day and I’m stunned that both the Ref & Lineman missed it. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t really matter, but you don’t expect Match Officials to be missing things as clear as that.

As I’ve posted elsewhere, I’m not to disheartened by our display, I think all things considered, we can walk away with our heads held high, but I was really impressed with Dunfermline and I think you’re in for a good season.

Ref was Shite. First half you scored a quality goal, although I wasn't impressed with our defending. Or anything else. Second half we improved but it wasn't pretty. We looked lethargic. Thomson anon. Lois Longridge, not impressed.

I thought Louis was good yesterday, certainly second half. He kept the play alive a few times when it looked like attacking moves were about to slow down.

18 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

They hardly scraped thru . He's right with everything about our team . What the hell s going on ? Hill s a big lad but his experience out does his size no worries there ..Andy Jackson was the heavy sub he's been out for 7 months and was obviously just getting game time .

It was like DD had no intention of attempting to score today . I'm worried for next week injuries suspension s lack of fitness apparent. 

Yesterday was a bit better in regards to defending, j tapping was much better as was mcclean, hill was solid as usual but look like he was carrying a knock last 20 which is a worry, I think it’s mcclean that looks like he’s put on a bit weight tbf or the strip does him no justic, 

tappings red was stupid and I hope the club fine him

Keeper a lot better but I’m still not convinced 

great to see Jackson back

kalvin did nothing unless he got the ball wide, everytime he did that he looked a real threat and a real player, 

our goals for is really worrying at the moment, in our current formation 3-5-2? I just don’t see where the goals are coming from, 

dundee where well worth there win but we won’t come up against that good of opponents in league 1

22 minutes ago, Overthehedge1 said:

Yesterday was a bit better in regards to defending, j tapping was much better as was mcclean, hill was solid as usual but look like he was carrying a knock last 20 which is a worry, I think it’s mcclean that looks like he’s put on a bit weight tbf or the strip does him no justic, 

tappings red was stupid and I hope the club fine him

Keeper a lot better but I’m still not convinced 

great to see Jackson back

kalvin did nothing unless he got the ball wide, everytime he did that he looked a real threat and a real player, 

our goals for is really worrying at the moment, in our current formation 3-5-2? I just don’t see where the goals are coming from, 

dundee where well worth there win but we won’t come up against that good of opponents in league 1

You notice when we do get the ball up Kalvin does nt know whether to support or not he hovers about halfway line. But your right out wide he was skinning guys . 

1 guy who's struggling s Sparky he's lost now looking like a lad that ll end up a junior sooner rather than later . I hope I'm wrong I really want to see him do well .

6 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

We couldn’t see the dugout from where we were sitting, but when it became clear that someone had been sent to the stand, in our little section, we were surprised that it was Mackay. I’m also surprised that he had “a sweary rant” towards the linesman. In the season and a half of sitting behind the dugouts at Forthbank, it’s not a side of him you see, so somewhat out of character. Yeah, he can lose his head like everyone can but in a controlled manner.

The penalty was as clear as day and I’m stunned that both the Ref & Lineman missed it. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t really matter, but you don’t expect Match Officials to be missing things as clear as that.

As I’ve posted elsewhere, I’m not to disheartened by our display, I think all things considered, we can walk away with our heads held high, but I was really impressed with Dunfermline and I think you’re in for a good season.

In the scheme of things at 2-1 a pen could have affected the result, don't know if there is prize-money at stake for group placing/points though?

Not sure what kind of season we're in for as most of the other Championship teams have been playing Betfred cup games as preseason friendlies ;-)

Archived