Sign in to follow this  
Poet of the Macabre

League Cup Group D

Let’s be honest, between the keeper having an excellent game and the woodwork that would’ve been a dooing like during the week again. 
Undoubtedly Dundee have problems up front don’t let that detract from the basics of football that Brechin are way short of. 
f**k off. When we're the goal frames last made of wood? And they don't save anyone from anything.

3 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

And yet the fulltime professional team could only score 2 and scrape thru to the next round  :lol:

But do agree we have big big problems 

They hardly scraped thru . He's right with everything about our team . What the hell s going on ? Hill s a big lad but his experience out does his size no worries there ..Andy Jackson was the heavy sub he's been out for 7 months and was obviously just getting game time .

It was like DD had no intention of attempting to score today . I'm worried for next week injuries suspension s lack of fitness apparent. 

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

Dods was going mental at the ref when the boy got sent off and patted him on the back when he went by him to walk up the tunnel:1eye

Bizarre, it was a blatant second yellow card.

Stupid DAB twat.

Wtf was Tapping’s reaction to Spence all about in the 1st half. There was a clear accidental clash of heads that he went OTT at. f**k knows how Spence got booked. 

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
5 minutes ago, Yenitit said:
Let’s be honest, between the keeper having an excellent game and the woodwork that would’ve been a dooing like during the week again. 
Undoubtedly Dundee have problems up front don’t let that detract from the basics of football that Brechin are way short of. 

f**k off. When we're the goal frames last made of wood? And they don't save anyone from anything.

It’s were not we’re. If you’re going to be a bellend please get it right. 

Thank you x. 

8 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Seems bizarre that a team with problems up front would let Faiss and Haber go out on loan tbh

Hahahaha, it’s not if you’ve seen them. Haber’s the better of the 2 tho. 

Edited by Yenitit

11 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Seems bizarre that a team with problems up front would let Faiss and Haber go out on loan tbh

Hate to break it to you mate but Faiss and Haber are shite. Faiss offers no goal threat in the big boys league. Hard for you guys to understand I know.

8 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

They hardly scraped thru . He's right with everything about our team . What the hell s going on ? Hill s a big lad but his experience out does his size no worries there ..Andy Jackson was the heavy sub he's been out for 7 months and was obviously just getting game time .

It was like DD had no intention of attempting to score today . I'm worried for next week injuries suspension s lack of fitness apparent. 

Like I said at the start I didn’t want to be harsh or name names but the issue with the fitness levels were that glaring I thought it had to be mentioned. Stirling or Peterhead weren’t like that. 

1 minute ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Hate to break it to you mate but Faiss and Haber are shite. Faiss offers no goal threat in the big boys league. Hard for you guys to understand I know.

Someone stated on the last page that Vincent is some player as well, holy f**k!

It’s were not we’re. If you’re going to be a bellend please get it right. 
Thank you x. 
Didn't notice autocorrect messing me around. Idiot.

22 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Like I said at the start I didn’t want to be harsh or name names but the issue with the fitness levels were that glaring I thought it had to be mentioned. Stirling or Peterhead weren’t like that. 

Hey everyone a Glebe Park can see this . Last year humping s aside I actually thought our fitness was good but this year our signings are like 2 or 3 levels of football below what's needed in League 1. I doubt Dundee players would ve had to shower given the lack of effort needed. 

25 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

But you seem quite content that Dundee could only manage 2 against an unfit shite  partime team. Dont get me wrong i do know we have major issues and fitness seems to be one of these

32 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Definitely nothing to do with hiring a fucking pundit as your manager :lol:

12 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

But you seem quite content that Dundee could only manage 2 against an unfit shite  partime team. Dont get me wrong i do know we have major issues and fitness seems to be one of these

I’m not content. Our strikers aren’t good enough. 

10 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Definitely nothing to do with hiring a fucking pundit as your manager :lol:

No. He was pish under 2. 

Not good enough for our level. 

Edited by Yenitit

Well, without Hamilton, Moon, Barr and Smith this was always going to be an ask for the Binos and so it proved to be.

Not going to pretend the Pars didnt deserve their victory, they did, particularly on the second half showing but i thought we did ok. Kept trying to play football and had some decent passages of play, especially in the first half with some of our younger players

Push on Stewart in the box in the second half at 2-1 ? Thought so but Mike Roncone is the worst referee ive seen and he waved it away. I assume it was Dave McKays reaction that led to him being invited to take a seat in the stand.

All in all, beaten but hardly disgraced and a few of the younger players did themselves no harm.

And, good to be back at East End. Always enjoy my visits.......even though we never win

Best of luck to Pars for the season ahead.

That's the first time I've watched us this season. Overall we were well worth the win but in the first half we seemed a bit disjointed and off the pace. It was maybe due to AJ likely trying out a few things for the United game with Craigen at fullback.
Thoughts
Gill - keen for him to do well but seemed to have an effect on the defence of uncertainty and also flapped at a few crosses. Not first team material yet unfortunately.
J Longridge looks like an improvement on Talbot or Martin. Great addition.
Devine/Durnan/Ashcroft not really troubled but seemed to miss lots of high balls rather than head them away. Hard to judge with no real test.
Craigen did ok at full back. Not sure why Martin wasn't playing?
Vincent - composed and took his goal well.
Thomson - not bad. Thinking he will be benched when Beadling comes back. Good squad player.
L Longridge - some nice touches and play.
Fais - lots of running and skill. No need for review he's quality.
Hippo - strong and quick but maybe needs some coaching on positioning if he's going to continue as a striker. Why did falkirk let him go? One of the best attacking players in the league.
Subs
Ryan - needs a run in the team. Looks to be bang in form and arguably has done more than Fais so far.
Connolly - I like him. Very much like Joe and battles away. Arguably looks better than longridge but maybe less physical for defending?

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Wtf was Tapping’s reaction to Spence all about in the 1st half. There was a clear accidental clash of heads that he went OTT at. f**k knows how Spence got booked. 

It was simply the classic referee response to handbags - book both players. 

Push on Stewart in the box in the second half at 2-1 ? Thought so but Mike Roncone is the worst referee ive seen and he waved it away. I assume it was Dave McKays reaction that led to him being invited to take a seat in the stand.

_DSC2459.jpg
Not a happy bunny, was moved on twice too. He apparently had a sweary rant at the linesman which resulted in the banishment (have it from someone who heard it).

The ref had a few dodgy decisions in the game, so wouldn’t be surprised if it should have been a pen.

_DSC2459.thumb.jpg.b3b6f1e542f787f25254e61042aaf530.jpg
Not a happy bunny, was moved on twice too. He apparently had a sweary rant at the linesman which resulted in the banishment (have it from someone who heard it).

The ref had a few dodgy decisions in the game, so wouldn’t be surprised if it should have been a pen.

We couldn’t see the dugout from where we were sitting, but when it became clear that someone had been sent to the stand, in our little section, we were surprised that it was Mackay. I’m also surprised that he had “a sweary rant” towards the linesman. In the season and a half of sitting behind the dugouts at Forthbank, it’s not a side of him you see, so somewhat out of character. Yeah, he can lose his head like everyone can but in a controlled manner.

The penalty was as clear as day and I’m stunned that both the Ref & Lineman missed it. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t really matter, but you don’t expect Match Officials to be missing things as clear as that.

As I’ve posted elsewhere, I’m not to disheartened by our display, I think all things considered, we can walk away with our heads held high, but I was really impressed with Dunfermline and I think you’re in for a good season.

Thought we were good first half, played some good stuff. Peaso took his goal well.

Second half Dunfermline upped their game and deservedly won.

Roncone is a useless p***k.