League Cup Group D

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Pars started last season well but had an absolute mauling off Rangers in the middle of that spell and it meant nothing. You're not going to be facing El Bak in League One. 

Ye I know but the players we ve signed are nt League One standard . That stood out a mile . El Bak and Hippowhat's his name are great players all the same ..

1 minute ago, CITY1974 said:

Ye I know but the players we ve signed are nt League One standard . That stood out a mile . El Bak and Hippowhat's his name are great players all the same ..

You lot showed when you last got promoted that you don't have to do much too spectacular down there to get into the playoffs then who knows. Best of luck turning Raith over 4 times. 

16 hours ago, LuoAnLai said:

That could well have been 10.  I know we scored 7, but some of the finishing was shocking.

The first six goals ( ours included ) were all defensive / midfield / goalkeeper howlers .   Can't believe how shite we were. 

12 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The first six goals ( ours included ) were all defensive / midfield / goalkeeper howlers .   Can't believe how shite we were. 

All will be forgotten today at 4 50pm.  

After we lose 9 ha ha 

Na seriously we re never gonna win today but a performance to give us some hopes all we ask .

Could have easily ended 1-1 on another day tbf.

Anyway, on to today’s game. A solitary point is enough for us to top the group but unless we seriously experimented with the squad and let a load of youngsters out, that would be a relatively poor result against League 2 opposition. I’d like to see us take the 3 points with some conviction, finishing the group with 4 wins from 4 would be a good start to the season.

Hopefully Faiss will start, and I’d like to see Ryan alongside him but I don’t know how compatible they are as a front two. Williamson and Higgy are suspended for the league opener against United so maybe we’ll go back to a 442 since we don’t really have anyone else who can play at right wingback, Lewis Martin could have a crack at it but I have my doubts.

Going to a 442 would mean taking one defender out for a winger/central midfielder. I’m not really fussed whether it’s Durnan or Devine that misses out, maybe Connolly can come into the middle with Thomson and put Craigen and Hippolyte on the wings. I much prefer Craigen in the middle though so you could always swap him and Connolly.

Gill

Martin

Ashcroft

Durnan/Devine

J Longridge

Craigen

Connolly

Thomson

Hippolyte

Faiss

Ryan

If you think I really care this much about a pretty meaningless Betfred Cup group stage match, then you’re absolutely fucking spot on.

Archived