League Cup Group D

Great goal from the Binos and we needed the kick up the arse. It was a poor first half from us.

We were much better second half and could/should have scored five or six by the end. Some of the attacking looked really sharp but still not convinced by the defence or the defending by the team in general. I think Faiss and Hippo will be a cracking partnership tbh and Ryan again impressed me with his wee cameo.

Craigen playing right wing back at Tannadice will be an experience. I almost forgot Thomson was playing. 

Poor wee Cammy Gill - finally given his chance and certainly didn't make the most of it. Wasn't asked to do much but flapped at a few crosses and didn't fill you with much confidence at all.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First half was like a training game for us, the second half was much better will be interesting to see if AJ sticks with the 3-5-2 or goes for a straight 4-4-2 against Dundee United.

Happy not dropping any points and finishing up as a seeded team

1 hour ago, CITY1974 said:

Don t know Wether to be happy or greet . We ve not been thumped which is good so a plus mark for DD there .Our keeper was 100 times better than he was on Wednesday so happy we that.

BUT we created absolutely hee haw chances and when we did get a break of the ball no one supported our attacks such is our negative approach to the game now. 

Dundee played and won this at a leisurely pace scoring a fluke and a goal when our best centre half's off getting treatment. This will be Dundee s easiest game of the season .

Now for my biggest moan and it's at Callum Tapping he's seen us lose 2 or 3 players to injury during 2nd half and he gets himself a needless 2nd yellow card .The game was finished the ball was going now where and he cleans guy out . He's let his team mates and manager down .A vast improvement from Wednesday but unless Dods unleashes the shackles we re relegated.

Well done Connor for a well deserved MOM ... 

Sorry to be harsh about Brechin  but got to be honest. That's the worst physical condition/shape of a professional team I’ve saw at Dens, actually embarrassing. A professional regardless of what level they play at shouldn’t be the size of 1 of the centrehalfs  and 1 of the subbies plus another couple unless the standard in this country has dropped to an alarming level and they get away with it. The training methods during the week need looked at asap.  The team seemed to be arguing amongst themselves quite a lot, maybe that’s because of the horrendous run of results they are on.  3 or 4 of them were c0cks with the boy Tapping winning that particular accolade hands down. 

Back to the game, for a team to still sit in and defend and show zero ambition going forward at 2 nil down is farcical. 

7 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Sorry to be harsh about Brechin  but got to be honest. That's the worst physical condition/shape of a professional team I’ve saw at Dens, actually embarrassing. A professional regardless of what level they play at shouldn’t be the size of 1 of the centrehalfs  and 1 of the subbied plus another couple unless the standard in this country has dropped to an alarming level and they get away with it. The team seemed to be arguing amongst themselves quite a lot, maybe that’s because of the horrendous run of results they are on.  3 or 4 of them were c0cks with the boy Tapping winning that particular accolade hands down. 

And yet the fulltime professional team could only score 2 and scrape thru to the next round  :lol:

But do agree we have big big problems 

Just now, Best Team in Angus said:

And yet the fulltime professional team could only score 2 and scrape thru to the next round  :lol:

Let’s be honest, between the keeper having an excellent game and the woodwork that would’ve been a dooing like during the week again. 

Undoubtedly Dundee have problems up front don’t let that detract from the basics of football that Brechin are way short of. 

Let’s be honest, between the keeper having an excellent game and the woodwork that would’ve been a dooing like during the week again. 
Undoubtedly Dundee have problems up front don’t let that detract from the basics of football that Brechin are way short of. 
f**k off. When we're the goal frames last made of wood? And they don't save anyone from anything.

3 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

They hardly scraped thru . He's right with everything about our team . What the hell s going on ? Hill s a big lad but his experience out does his size no worries there ..Andy Jackson was the heavy sub he's been out for 7 months and was obviously just getting game time .

It was like DD had no intention of attempting to score today . I'm worried for next week injuries suspension s lack of fitness apparent. 

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

Dods was going mental at the ref when the boy got sent off and patted him on the back when he went by him to walk up the tunnel:1eye

Bizarre, it was a blatant second yellow card.

Stupid DAB twat.

Wtf was Tapping’s reaction to Spence all about in the 1st half. There was a clear accidental clash of heads that he went OTT at. f**k knows how Spence got booked. 

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
5 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

f**k off. When we're the goal frames last made of wood? And they don't save anyone from anything.

It’s were not we’re. If you’re going to be a bellend please get it right. 

Thank you x. 

8 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Seems bizarre that a team with problems up front would let Faiss and Haber go out on loan tbh

Hahahaha, it’s not if you’ve seen them. Haber’s the better of the 2 tho. 

11 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Seems bizarre that a team with problems up front would let Faiss and Haber go out on loan tbh

Hate to break it to you mate but Faiss and Haber are shite. Faiss offers no goal threat in the big boys league. Hard for you guys to understand I know.

8 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

They hardly scraped thru . He's right with everything about our team . What the hell s going on ? Hill s a big lad but his experience out does his size no worries there ..Andy Jackson was the heavy sub he's been out for 7 months and was obviously just getting game time .

It was like DD had no intention of attempting to score today . I'm worried for next week injuries suspension s lack of fitness apparent. 

Like I said at the start I didn’t want to be harsh or name names but the issue with the fitness levels were that glaring I thought it had to be mentioned. Stirling or Peterhead weren’t like that. 

1 minute ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Hate to break it to you mate but Faiss and Haber are shite. Faiss offers no goal threat in the big boys league. Hard for you guys to understand I know.

Someone stated on the last page that Vincent is some player as well, holy f**k!

22 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Like I said at the start I didn’t want to be harsh or name names but the issue with the fitness levels were that glaring I thought it had to be mentioned. Stirling or Peterhead weren’t like that. 

Hey everyone a Glebe Park can see this . Last year humping s aside I actually thought our fitness was good but this year our signings are like 2 or 3 levels of football below what's needed in League 1. I doubt Dundee players would ve had to shower given the lack of effort needed. 

Archived