League Cup Group D

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And we'll throw in ElBak on loan if you agree to take Vincent on a permanent deal.  This will of course rule ElBak out of playing against us and that is just well and good because he would undoubtedly score his one cracker of the season in League Cup game at Dens.

Are you lot signing Vincent?

AJ said at an open meeting the other night that it’s not really in our hands since he’s still contracted at Dens, although he said he’d like to know what his options are re Vincent.

Personally I’d be more than happy to take JV on again, but I wonder how much of our wage budget that would use up. There’s every chance we could get a player of similar quality on a significantly smaller wage.

May I add that this is purely my view, I obviously don’t know what he’d be costing us, I’m just assuming he’s on half decent money.

Should be a straight fight between Dundee and Dunfermline for the top spot, not decided if I'll boo the Moroccan prince as I think I'll well up when I see him.

30 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Should be a straight fight between Dundee and Dunfermline for the top spot, not decided if I'll boo the Moroccan prince as I think I'll well up when I see him.

That's if you see him. He barely makes our bench these days. 

Am I right in thinking that as well as getting the second seed at home, the top seed gets the bottom seed?

So our fixtures (in no particular order) should be:

Dundee v Dunfermline
Brechin City v Dundee
Stirling Albion v Dundee
Dundee v Peterhead

The away games will probably be midweek as well.

Not having any trips to Fife after two last season is a bonus.

Am I right in thinking that as well as getting the second seed at home, the top seed gets the bottom seed?
Dundee v Dunfermline
Brechin City v Dundee
Stirling Albion v Dundee
Dundee v Peterhead

That's minging fixtures for us fans but good fixtures for the club in progressing to the next round.

Dundee v Dunfermline
Brechin City v Dundee
Stirling Albion v Dundee
Dundee v Peterhead

That's minging fixtures for us fans but good fixtures for the club in progressing to the next round.

I hope these are the fixtures.

I like the new format but still have the fear after not qualifying from the group in 16-17 and witnessing the ignomy of finishing 2nd behind second tier fodder last season.

On 26/05/2018 at 09:40, smpar said:

AJ said at an open meeting the other night that it’s not really in our hands since he’s still contracted at Dens, although he said he’d like to know what his options are re Vincent.

Personally I’d be more than happy to take JV on again, but I wonder how much of our wage budget that would use up. There’s every chance we could get a player of similar quality on a significantly smaller wage.

May I add that this is purely my view, I obviously don’t know what he’d be costing us, I’m just assuming he’s on half decent money.

Please sign him thanks mate.

Peterhead away midweek. 

bdfa928678e9cd37c94f125027dc9773.gif 

The way of working the fixtures out seems to only be based on the seeded teams, with the unseeded teams being bundled together as equals. It's the only explanation I have for us being at home to the lowest-ranked team in the first two seasons, but away this season. 

Also slightly annoying that while Saturday 3pm games can be televised in this, our live game isn't amongst them. 

48 minutes ago, Girth said:

Is Dunfermline a decent away day?

No. It is the worst away day I have ever experienced and remains the ground of the only game I have ever left early at.

Chisholm. Ben Hutchinson. Leg breaks. Pissing down. First time I'd seen a genuine lack of effort. Pumped. Fans arguing amongst themselves. Title charge in ruins. 

Shudder. I don't think I've been back since.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

No. It is the worst away day I have ever experienced and remains the ground of the only game I have ever left early at.

Chisholm. Ben Hutchinson. Leg breaks. Pissing down. First time I'd seen a genuine lack of effort. Pumped. Fans arguing amongst themselves. Title charge in ruins. 

Shudder. I don't think I've been back since.

Was that when Willie Gibson ran riot? I decided not to bother with that game, pursued a relationship with the missus, ended up marrying her so it all ended up well. 

Dunfermline should be a good away day, plenty pubs in the town, stadium will feel a bit big for the occasion though, and as mentioned you'll get a bridie. 

Archived