Well we tried our best to keep it to a draw but apparently someone had to win the penalty shootout despite MacKinnon's best attempt to keep it at a draw for as long as possible.

The Hamilton Tannoy guy sounded fed up with his "2 minutes.....added time" to then follow up at full time with a hilarious "it's no finished by the way" made me laugh.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Happy enough with that. Should hopefully see us through if we're not complacent and are at our best against Annan and Berwick, two teams I don't enjoy watching us play in the cups. 

Delighted to see Jack Hamilton getting a run out too.

How did Jack get on? 

Off to Stenny or Airdie on loan until January apparently.

3 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

How did Jack get on? 

Off to Stenny or Airdie on loan until January apparently.

Did ok, chased after the ball and gave us a bit of energy coming on for Lee Miller, but i'd have liked to have seen L Miller staying on and Hamilton playing off his flick ons. Scored a penalty too, which showed nerve.

That seems like a good idea, but i'd have preferred hoi going to a Championship team, maybe wouldn't have been guaranteed starts though so League One will prob give him more chance of getting plenty of games. Coming along nicely though, a good prospect for us in a season or two.

49 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

If I may be so prying to ask, why is Annan still donning their old kit? Shouldn't the new Halbro one (as per your avatar) be on show already?

I think the players will be wearing the new kit on saturday 

Wonder if there's any chance Kenny Miller will leave himself out for this game and play either Robinson or Hamilton up front linking with Lee Miller. Would like to see Sibbald starting too,

Kelly

Gallagher         Halkett              Lithgow

McMillan      Byrne    Pittman       Sibbald      Lamie

Hamilton /Robinson       L Miller  

£12 admission for Berwick on Tuesday. Concessions £8.
Despite us being more or less out already, I'm going to try and head along.
Never been to Shielfield before. Any parking advice Berwickers?
Last time I parked outside the ground. That was many moons ago though.

2 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

I, for one, do not welcome another 0-4/5/6 beating but that's probably exactly what we're gonna get. Enjoy yer day oot in the sun, Airdrie.

I'll just be happy with a win TBH!

Bit like the Airdrie game that we created plenty chances but didn’t finish them of, and then things got a bit nervy near the end. 

Thought up until the red card Lamie was excellent and won everything, Sibbald in the middle was a joy to watch at times, always looked for a forward pass, Hamilton looks like he could be a handful up top and good finish by Miller. 

We still aren’t 100% but 8 points from 9 and with Berwick to come we have a good opportunity to win the group, can’t ask for much more than that. 

Yep comfortable game for 80 mins then Annan had 2 chances and nearly equalised, good safe hands from Kelly on one of them, and his kicking is good too. Sibbald was excellent, took a lot of kicks but just got on with it, was pretty funny when he was whipped up and landed on the Annan player and just decided to sit on top of him for a wee rest.

Doesn't seem fair leaving Lithgow out but Lamie was solid and dependable till his mistimed tackle for the red card, that should give Lithgow his place back next week though.

Hamilton was a persistent nuisance up front, maybe should've dinked it over the keeper instead of blasting it for one of his chances, and hit the post with another, so was unlucky not to score. Still think Lee Miller would be a better partnership up front for Hamilton to play besides, hopefully see them start against Berwick. Well taken goal by the gaffer though, waited for the keeper to commit himself then stuck it away, cracking ball through to him by Sibbald as well.

I thought he was onside behind the goals yesterday so could not see whether he was or not, but from that view, I would say the left-back the number 3 was playing him on. Roll on next week hopefully get a few goals against Berwick and go through to the knockout stage. Wonder if we would be seeded this time?

1 hour ago, Lothiangamer said:

I thought he was onside behind the goals yesterday so could not see whether he was or not, but from that view, I would say the left-back the number 3 was playing him on. Roll on next week hopefully get a few goals against Berwick and go through to the knockout stage. Wonder if we would be seeded this time?

Think the 4 best group winners and the 4 teams competing in Europe are seeded so a win next week would give us 11 points which should be enough to be one of the 4 best group winners hopefully. 

Not that it made much of a difference last season, we weren’t seeded but still won our last 16 tie. 

Archived