• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Airdrie should've been three or four up in the first half. Bingham also missed a couple of decent chances for us. 

Second half was very dull. Boyd should've put us one up but took too long, then Bingham scuffed in his goal. Miller did well to put in him after Airdrie's cock-up though.

Vitoria gave us all sorts of problems when he came on (as he did for Albion Rovers last season). He absolutely shagged Penny on the half-way line, then scored from exactly where Penny should've been. Airdrie had another great chance from the exact same position only moments after, which would have been a deserved victory for them. 

They just didn't give a f**k for the penalties. 

Job done, again wasn’t brilliant but done more than enough to win the game. 

Good to see you Jack Hamilton scoring, Saunders came into the defence and looked solid, Shaun Byrne was excellent and controlled the centre of the park.

Think we are still 3 or 4 light in terms of players but we won the group and that’s what we set out to do, Hearts win tomorrow we are seeded not that it’ll make much of a difference, we weren’t seeded last season and won against seeded Falkirk. 

Onto Celtic Park next week, should be fun. 

56 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

We're now waiting on Hearts Inverness tomorrow to determine whether we'll be seeded.

Dunno how they'll sort it out, if ICT get the 3rd spot then us and St Johnstone are tied for the 4th one, exact same points and goals.

Much the same as last week, early goal then not much in the final 3rd to get a 2nd goal, Berwick had a wee spell for about 5 mins and hit the post but apart from that we weren't troubled. Subs made all the difference for us though and we got a deserved 2nd goal, much sharper and quicker passing opened them up and McMillan almost scored just before he got his goal.

Def would be worried if Hardie wasn't there, we're well covered in defence with 5 good solid defenders/CB's to choose from, and we've plenty midfield options, but up front we're a bit light until Hardie comes into the team. I think him and Lee Miller will do well enough when both are playing together though, and Kenny Miller and Jack Hamilton are decent options for Hardie to play alongside too. Just hope Hardie doesn't get injured.

My first game this season. I'm hoping that's not the way we'll play when the league starts as there doesn't appear to be much structure at the moment. Halkett very solid. Impressed with Egli Kaja. Thought Knoxy did well when he came on. Miller looks like he'll be good once he decides where he's going to play. Not sure about Crane. Saunders was ok but doesn't look as robust as Lithgow. Don't know why he's sitting on the bench. Cadden had some good moments but still lacking control. Hamilton took his goal well and looked dangerous in the box. Not much contribution in open play though. One for the future. Need to involve Pittman and Byrne more. We were bypassing them for large periods of the game. Gutted I didn't get to see Sibbald. Hope he's back soon. We lacked presence up front. Anyone know when Hardie is due back from injury?

9 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Dunno how they'll sort it out, if ICT get the 3rd spot then us and St Johnstone are tied for the 4th one, exact same points and goals.

St Johnstone would be seeded on account of their 4 away goals compared to our 2.

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Crane MotM for me, always up and down the wing looking composed doing so. Looks to be in the same mould as Penrice was for us. 

Kaja looks good on the ball and fast too

Really ? Funny how people see the game differently, I thought Crane had his poorest game since signing today, lot of loose balls, up until today though I’ve been impressed by his ability to get up and down the wing, just wish he’d take his man on more, Shaun Byrne was my man of the match by a mile, got the ball down, some excellent touches to beat his man a few times. 

That was a disappointment. Job done but there was no cutting edge other than Kaja who was excellent and really did excite. Glad these League Cup group stages are over now, after that I'm definitely ready for the real season to start. Roll on Celtic.

44 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

We're now waiting on Hearts Inverness tomorrow to determine whether we'll be seeded.

Yep, as long as Inverness don't get anything more than 1 point we'll be seeded. 

Not the most exciting game today but we got the job done and controlled the game, looked comfortable despite the couple of chances Berwick had. Delighted to see Hamilton get a goal, good hold up play and can see him being a very good target man one day. Kaja really impressed me, strong and willing to beat the defence, great first touch too. Liked the look of Crane too, I wasn't expecting much but I liked how much he looked to get up the wing and create chances.

Still think we should have went for it a bit more but generally I liked the way we played and I'm sure we'll do a bit better when the league games start. 

Crane MotM for me, always up and down the wing looking composed doing so. Looks to be in the same mould as Penrice was for us. 

Really? I thought Crane was poor. Full of running, yes, but no skill or composure. Not spl standard based on that showing.

19 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Really ? Funny how people see the game differently, I thought Crane had his poorest game since signing today, lot of loose balls, up until today though I’ve been impressed by his ability to get up and down the wing, just wish he’d take his man on more, Shaun Byrne was my man of the match by a mile, got the ball down, some excellent touches to beat his man a few times. 

14 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:
24 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Really? I thought Crane was poor. Full of running, yes, but no skill or composure. Not spl standard based on that showing.

Thought he looked really composed and didn't rush the play - wasn't actually that impressed by Saunders though who kept just passing sideways and looks nowhere near as good as Lamie has been.

Byrne and Pittman were top of it again but the ball rarely found its way into the middle.

Feel like Crane was one last mastermind from Hoppy to be honest, right work rate and has his defensive and offensive work rates in a good place. Noticed that Kaja struggled to get back a few times and had to rely on Nicky dropping back

Was at the Franchise game this afternoon. Thought Berwick pushed them first half but were non existent 2nd. However, they are miles better than Albion Rovers, so I’d rest easy on that front.

Airdrie should've been three or four up in the first half. Bingham also missed a couple of decent chances for us. 

Second half was very dull. Boyd should've put us one up but took too long, then Bingham scuffed in his goal. Miller did well to put in him after Airdrie's cock-up though.

Vitoria gave us all sorts of problems when he came on (as he did for Albion Rovers last season). He absolutely shagged Penny on the half-way line, then scored from exactly where Penny should've been. Airdrie had another great chance from the exact same position only moments after, which would have been a deserved victory for them. 

They just didn't give a f**k for the penalties. 

Yer guy on the announcer is a total twat,should show more respect to the visiting teams saying stuff like “there’s someone coming on for airdrie,”there’s a nobody taking/took a pen” and “that’s not a goal”the guy is a disgrace,just shows you what joke Hamilton is employing absolute rockets.

AIRDRIE ARE BACK[emoji815]️

7 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Yer guy on the announcer is a total twat,should show more respect to the visiting teams saying stuff like “there’s someone coming on for airdrie,”there’s a nobody taking/took a pen” and “that’s not a goal”the guy is a disgrace,just shows you what joke Hamilton is employing absolute rockets.

AIRDRIE ARE BACKemoji815.png

He also sounded like Jonathan Watson's Chick Young impersonation.

Archived