One change from Saturday: Kelly in for Bloomfield who doesn't even make the bench. 
Phillips is on the bench for the first time.

Good to know Kelly exists the Rojano saga ran on too long last year. Shame he is meant to be dyer.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Good to know Kelly exists the Rojano saga ran on too long last year. Shame he is meant to be dyer.

Garcia is this year's Rojano. 

Well in for the Diddy Alliance, played out to an amicable draw with the team more likely to progress taking the bonus point. Puts us a point behind Annan meaning we need to go beat them 

First half was OK. Played some decent stuff at times, mainly though Kelly and Miller. They were at their most dangerous with the ball out wide, but it was usually just Bingham in the box himself. 

Second was abysmal. Livingston were happy sitting back, as there was no one for Accies who could create anything. Lo and behold, Accies created nothing. Bingham let the ball bounce off him all night (it genuinely didn't stick once), although there were a few occasions where the ball would be with a defender or Woods, he'd make a run to create space, and absolutely no one moved into it. 

The subs were good fun; neither of them touched the ball until the shoot-out. 

Livingston were pretty comfortable in the second half, and could have won it with Sibbald hitting the post. They were poor going forward though. 

I've blanked out the penalties. 

It's only four games (pretty much all pre-season), but my worry is that nobody in that team looks better than (or even as good as) what we had in last year's poor squad: Ziggy's last-ditch tackles make up for his poor positioning; Penny is shocking with the ball at his feet; McGowan looks OK, but no better than Skondras; Taiwo looks the part in easy possession, but is caught out when pressured; Kelly and Miller showed some promise, but I can't see them chipping in with as much of a contribution (between them) as Templeton; Bloomfield will win headers; need to see about Phillips and Smith. 

Nobody looks to have improved on their performances from last year, either. 

Still, they've got 10 months to improve :unsure:

Cant argue 1874 although you failed to mention that Imrie and McMann were really poor again.

Why bring on Lyon with 5 mins to go when we needed a win. Surely Smith or Phillips were a better option.

Our free kicks and corners were just as bad as last season. I presume we put zero effort into them at training.

16 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Cant argue 1874 although you failed to mention that Imrie and McMann were really poor again.

Why bring on Lyon with 5 mins to go when we needed a win. Surely Smith or Phillips were a better option.

Our free kicks and corners were just as bad as last season. I presume we put zero effort into them at training.

I thought Imrie and McMann's performances were a given, to be honest. 

The only reason I can imagine Lyon coming on was to keep that protection for McGowan. 

I thought we played some decent football in  the first half and Miller looked good when the ball was at his feet but  we didn't look dangerous at all. Don't think we won a high ball all game  yet we insisted on punting the ball. Piss poor all round and Canning so still hopeless when it comes to making subs.

Dreadful game, was comical at times with how bad it actually was. 

Positives, we comfortably kept a clean sheet, we had one or two chances and Hamilton aren’t great either, could be a proper scrap between the two clubs. 

Mackinnon penalty :lol::lol:

Main aim now is not to be complacent against a team on a high in Annan, win that we should be fine for qualifying for the 2nd season running. 

Mackinnon though :lol:

Happy enough with that. Should hopefully see us through if we're not complacent and are at our best against Annan and Berwick, two teams I don't enjoy watching us play in the cups. 

Delighted to see Jack Hamilton getting a run out too.

Happy with the result, both teams were lacking when it came to finishing, we were slightly better but still didn't score. I'd be really worried if Hardie wasn't going to be playing once he's fit.

L Miller was doing his best but nobody was really supporting him, he was isolated and all his flick ons were wasted. K Miller is playing too deep and Cadden was mostly out on the wing. 2nd half looked as if Accies were tiring and making loose passes in defence, it was there for us to take but we hadn't the players on the pitch to grab it, I was bursting for Sibbald to come on but we left it too late, although he almost scored when he finally did get on.

Pen shoot out was entertaining, so was the boy on the tannoy doing his Jonathon Watson impersonation.

Positives were our defence and midfield being solid, Kelly looked good in goals too, we could do with a winger being signed and prob another striker, both Millers aren't going to last 90 mins. 

Archived