• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Unacceptable. We really need to stop treating these games as friendlies. Fair play to Annan, well worth the win but we were awful.

In all fairness maybe if this poxy tournament didn't start before the fucking Open clubs would get some decent preparation in.

13 hours ago, NedSmanks said:

In all fairness maybe if this poxy tournament didn't start before the fucking Open clubs would get some decent preparation in.

I actually like it and think it gets you perfectly prepared for the league campaign. You get several pre season games in and then the Betfred ones start, giving you competitive games to sharpen right up, and a good mixture of teams from all the different leagues too. 

You can play all the pre season games you want and it doesn't get you as sharp as a competitive one.

24 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I actually like it and think it gets you perfectly prepared for the league campaign. You get several pre season games in and then the Betfred ones start, giving you competitive games to sharpen right up, and a good mixture of teams from all the different leagues too. 

You can play all the pre season games you want and it doesn't get you as sharp as a competitive one.

Also means teams who are usually papped out in the first round get a good few games and a bit more gate money from it. 

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Call me old fashioned but your first competitive game of the season should be in the league.  If you want faux competitive cup games in the build up to the season bring back the old county cups.  

The no draws thing baffles me as well. 

50 minutes ago, NedSmanks said:

Call me old fashioned but your first competitive game of the season should be in the league.  If you want faux competitive cup games in the build up to the season bring back the old county cups.  

The future is now grandpa!

2 hours ago, NedSmanks said:

I agree, It's nice to have summer football and to visit a different ground or 2, but they are glorified pre-seasons games for a lot of teams and are part of the reason we get a pishy winter break in January.

Quite looking forward to seeing how we shape up tonight against another Premiership side. Undoubtedly, Saturday would’ve been an immensely disappointing result for Accies and by the sounds of it, the performance was too. Attacking wise I thought we looked decent against Airdrie, but a bit suspect defensively. Would be a terrific confidence booster heading into the league to get a win here early doors as well as putting us in with a great chance of topping this group.

Bit of a must-win for the Dream Team today, especially after Annan pipped Hamilton. We'll need a penalty win at the very least if we want to stand a chance at 4th place or higher, but ideally taking all three points tonight would set us up nicely.

Reckon Livingston will be all but confirmed through to the next round if they too stick it to the Accies.

Bit of a must-win for the Dream Team today, especially after Annan pipped Hamilton. We'll need a penalty win at the very least if we want to stand a chance at 4th place or higher, but ideally taking all three points tonight would set us up nicely.
Reckon Livingston will be all but confirmed through to the next round if they too stick it to the Accies.

After Annan’s performance against Hamilton on Saturday.
It should be a home win.

On 15/07/2018 at 17:39, NedSmanks said:

The fucking state of this. So stuck in the past it hurts.

Kelly; Lamie, Halkett, Gallagher; Crane, Byrne, Pittman, Robinson, Cadden; L.Miller, K.Miller

Subs: Stewart, McMillan, Lithgow, Saunders, Sibbald, Knox, Hamilton

That's me assuming it's a 3-5-2, could easily be a 4-4-2 or the 3-4-2-1 we've apparently played in pre-season and against Airdrie (I think).

Archived