• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Imagine that's our usual 3-5-2. No idea who Clark is, assuming he's a youth player and we haven't made a signing that we haven't announced. 

5221/3421

Hung on a bit at the end and wouldn’t have complained if it had went to penalties. That said, we created a plethora of chances and should’ve been home and hosed before Airdrie scored. Chalking up the general rustiness to the fact we have only played 3 games but there’s definite work to be done in that defence.

Hung on a bit at the end and wouldn’t have complained if it had went to penalties. That said, we created a plethora of chances and should’ve been home and hosed before Airdrie scored. Chalking up the general rustiness to the fact we have only played 3 games but there’s definite work to be done in that defence.
Enjoyed that today, after a bright start from us I was fearing the worst with the two quick goals. Livi played some nice stuff and started to really cut us wide open.

Second half was much more open I thought, chances for both sides. Would have loved Carrick's thunderb*****d to have went in, what a strike that was. Stewart really should have done better with the last kick of the ball but he was obviously dead on his feet by that time.

All in all, worth the £16 (sixteen).

Good win to start the season, wasn’t a brilliant performance but if we were more clinical we’d have score 6 or 7. 

Thought we looked a bit rusty second half,  and took the foot off the gas a wee bit, as I said though despite that we created numerous good chances to put the game to bed. 

Robinson was a stand out for me, Sibbald came on and steadied the game too and looked good. 

Thought Lithgow was off the pace, and a rare mistake from Halkett, Gallagher stroller it though. 

All in all a good run out, a win on the day and with our brothers sadly failing at Annan we know a victory on Tuesday will leave us 1 win from qualifying although a draw at Hamilton and a bonus point would be just as good. 

Good solid start by us, we had a couple of near things on their goal before finally going ahead, then adding a 2nd and we were coasting. Hitting the woodwork 3 times and another couple of saves by their keepers legs saving them it was all one sided. Then we shoot ourselves in the foot losing possession on the halfway mark after pissing about with the ball, Airdrie go straight up and score, that gave them the clichéd lift they needed to give us a game on our hands, they hit the woodwork and we do the same with Robinsons shot off the post.

All in all it was a good work out for us, we could've/should've had the game wrapped up but it was maybe more beneficial to us getting the harder game than it would've been winning 4-0. It showed up some flaws in our game, and we will have learnt more from that than had we coasted to an easy win.

With Annan beating Hamilton it was a good day for us though, at this stage getting the points and learning something to help us improve is just what we needed.

[mention=71389]Stine[/mention] and [mention=69398]#GSC[/mention] are parents of former player Jordan McGregor whom I'd always supported but GSC's comments upthread have ended that goodwill.
F**k them

1. I’m not a walloper
2. Did u support him? If so why come away with the f**k up comment?
3. Its all banter mate. No hard feelings. Hope you have a great season.
Love GSC & Stine xxx [emoji476]
🤛
[emoji441]

Archived