League Cup 2018/19 Group B

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

As much as it’s pre season and really just a stroll to the next round for us, I think we should aim to put three or four past Falkirk to remind them about levels tbh. 

Do they have any decent players we could take from them? Or are they all a bit shite like Alston?

On 5/28/2018 at 00:29, Gordon EF said:

if we get Montrose and Forfar away, that's be 10 trips to Angus this year at an absolute minimum. 

Wouldn't happen anywhere else but Scotland!   

Still, could be a gift from heaven those Fifers maybe having to go to Angus 10 times this season? As it stands the Angus mob only have to venture out of Angus for 12 league games each.

Hopefully the Mo will get one of Saints or the Bairns away as it's a while since we played away at each. Think I'm right in saying the Mo were first to play Falkirk at the new stadium in a competitive game a few years back - not sure we've been back since. A draw but Falkirk won on pens if memory serves me correctly. Anyway we'll take what comes and do our best in this group as the league has to be our priority.

On 5/29/2018 at 12:14, ali_91 said:

If we sign anymore players from Falkirk I’m going to join the #tommyout crew on St Johnstone banter. 

We only gave Alston a new deal to tide him over during his first year of marriage IMO.

We are some club.

2 trips to Angus is a pretty bog standard pre-season for us.

Is this the first time saints have played in the group phases?

I see that Montrose and Forfar are the 2 teams having to play without a break in the middle! I fully expect Saints to make hay on the last day as Forfar's poor part timers are faced with their 4th game in 11 days against the Giants of Perthshire.

Dundee stuck a barrow load past us in the same fixture 2 seasons ago.

There's a Falkirk fan in my work who gets himself all worked up at the fact we could take any of their shitty wee players whenever we fucking pleased. They're so poor they can't even afford to run a youth team. We've got a beautiful clean balance sheet with a couple mill in the bank, it's a wonderful time to be from Perthshire.

17 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Is this the first time saints have played in the group phases?

I see that Montrose and Forfar are the 2 teams having to play without a break in the middle! I fully expect Saints to make hay on the last day as Forfar's poor part timers are faced with their 4th game in 11 days against the Giants of Perthshire.

Dundee stuck a barrow load past us in the same fixture 2 seasons ago.

No, Saints were in it 2 seasons ago (2016-17). Won the group, including a 4-0 ragdolling of Falkirk, (and a lesser mentioned penalty shoot out defeat at Glebe Park).

Beat Hearts in round of 16 and blatantly cheated at Pittodrie in quarters.

Thats the only other time though, looking forward to it.

No, Saints were in it 2 seasons ago (2016-17). Won the group, including a 4-0 ragdolling of Falkirk, (and a lesser mentioned penalty shoot out defeat at Glebe Park).

It was all worth it for that Swanson goal against Hearts alone. One of the best strikes I’ve seen in the flesh. Third possibly only to Liam Craig vs Dunfermline and Brian Easton vs Aberdeen.

37 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

3-0. The Bobby Madden meisterwerk.

This ali91IQ gimp seems an odd fellow. Extremely needy. Sad.

9 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Just realised Livingston have started poaching Falkirk's best players now. 

image.png.786bef124ae2eaf591841f11f18560b4.png

I'd assumed only being able to afford three stands was hitting rock bottom. This is a new low.

9 hours ago. Possibly mwi. Great humour.

16 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

You're right. It was Stirling we beat 4-0 at home. 

Think we also missed a penalty in the game v Falkirk.

Yeah, you did. Liam Craig (I think) had one saved by Danny Rogers.

Archived