League Cup 2018/19 Group B

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite an enjoyable game but the sending off changed the game, it doesn’t look as though Kane touched Dylan from where I was. Fair play to Young for keeping 2 upfront as well after Kane’s red card.

I liked the look of Dowds and Smith upfront with the latter giving the Forfar defence the run around at times, both became isolated in the 2nd half, understandable with a man disadvantage.

McCallum made a good save from Watson’s header and Agnew was unlucky when he hit the post.

Impressed with Meggatt and Dunsmore too. Will try and get to the game next week before heading back to New Zealand but the signs look pretty good.

Sending off was a50 /50 decision but Kane was rash.The referee looked like it was his first senior season and was poor in handling the players.travis should have been yellow carded then was rightly booked for the identical foul on Smith.Weir sussed out the ref by subbing Travis.East Fife had far more chances though Forfar were the smoother team.If East zfife can keep Kevin Smith fit he still has a lot to offer.Thought Hilson was excellent for Forfar but Baird was really poor.

Having watched the red card again, yes Kane’s foot was high but Easton should be embarrassed by his reaction, absolutely no contact, going down holding your face like that is just pathetic.

SPFL rules mean I can’t post the video until tomorrow.

Having watched the red card again, yes Kane’s foot was high but Easton should be embarrassed by his reaction, absolutely no contact, going down holding your face like that is just pathetic.

Hopefully we appeal the red card then.

It’s not worth it, his foot is up so the beeks will always back the ref! Red card aside the ref totally out of his depth. His decision not to book Travis when he played advantage allowed him to commit an identical foul 2 minutes later & stay in the park! We were excellent today & even with 10 men were the more dangerous side. Smith & Dowds outstanding

44 minutes ago, landerson1990 said:

Are these rules in place for cup games as well? 

On today's game, noticed Forfar boss Jim Weir was taking a lot of stick from some East Fife fans. After the game he was very complimentary about East Fife's performance, in particular Dowds and Kev Smith. Didn't feel it was a sending off for Kane either.

On today's game, noticed Forfar boss Jim Weir was taking a lot of stick from some East Fife fans. After the game he was very complimentary about East Fife's performance, in particular Dowds and Kev Smith. Didn't feel it was a sending off for Kane either.

Dylan Easton’s rolling about seal the red card you reckon?

Thought we were off it from the start. Link up play was poor, passing was poor, crossing was dreadful and we didn’t work the 10 men hard enough.

Team chopped and changed throughout with Murray playing in 3 positions and we had 4 players at left back during the match.

Too much needless arguing with each other too.

Thought East Fife looked more dangerous throughout (even with 10) and we probably only had real pressure on the home team for about a 10 min spell in the second half. Way below Tuesday night’s performance.

ETA. Challenge looked dangerous/reckless from my seat and don’t think he even needed to make it. Stupid decision from Kane.

Be interesting to see how Saints line up tomorrow night. Wouldn't be surprised at any of a 3-5-2, 4-4-2 or back to 4-2-3-1. Can't see Kennedy starting but hopefully get a look at him off the bench.

Paul Hartley watched our game on Saturday and will probably have seen enough to encourage him if we only reach that level.

The draw with East Fife still leaves us under a bit of pressure.

We didn’t get started at all too slow and sloppy, crossing from Ross and Jamie was awful. Travis was getting the run around from number 10 who was v good.

Hilson and Baird didn’t link up well and Easton was non existent second half.

Definitely a red card from where I was sitting, was no need for the challenge.

Here’s the red card incident:

What a fucking bawbag Easton is, it was a reckless challenge and maybe warranted a booking but the footage shows that he cleanly won the ball and never even touched the guy!!!

If we're not appealing over the red card can we not apply for retroactive sanctions being taken against Easton, if that was the World Cup he'd have been booked or sent off himself after VAR???
It's just a pity the footage doesn't show him rolling around holding his face as he did!!!

I agree that Dylan made a meal of it, but it was still a red card offence.  He went in studs up at head height, and at more pace than the vide would appear to show.  It doesn't look like he made much contact, granted, but if he was only an inch or two away from doing so, and Dylan could have ben very seriously injured.  The incident happened right in front of me, and my immediate reaction was "red card" and I'd have said the same thing had it been a Loon on a Fifer.

Liam A. I agree that Travis should have been booked 3 minutes before he was, but if he had been booked, I don't think he'd have had his hands all over the guy a second time, so don't agree that he would have been sent off.

Archived