League Cup 2018/19 Group B

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done to Craig Thomson who was not only MotM on Saturday but also made the SPFL Team of the Week!!!

IMG_3926.jpg.29378271d06843d59267a77bd9b9a3b3.jpg

Another couple of ex-Fifers in that lineup as well I notice!!!

This should be a good test for both Teams tonight, playing against a side from our own Division should let us know kind of where we are player wise for the forthcoming season and Montrose in sure will be looking at it the same, they've just come up from the bottom tier but their result on Saturday obviously shows that they've taken further strides since then!!!
Personally very happy with what I saw on Saturday, we're seriously needing a front man though, you can't expect Kev to hit the line and cross it in for himself to head it, it's the only missing piece so far!!!

Oof, that's a fairly brutal-looking starting line up for Montrose tonight. Quite a few of last season's lesser-used squad players starting. Guess at this point it's all about players being ready for L1 though, so won't take too much from the result.

3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Well done to Craig Johnstone who was not only MotM on Saturday but also made the SPFL Team of the Week!!!
IMG_3926.jpg
Another couple of ex-Fifers in that lineup as well I notice!!!

Craig Johnstone formerly of St Thomson 

17 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

:)

No goals in either match at HT. Two draws would probably suit Saints most.

Definitely, we're by no means certain to win all our remaining games so nobody running away with things early on would be appreciated. 

Definitely, we're by no means certain to win all our remaining games so nobody running away with things early on would be appreciated. 

I can confidently predict you’ll be picking up three points when you play ourselves....

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably the two teams we didn't want to win got the results tonight. The group's shaping up nicely.

Bit pish that tonight, created enough chances to win two games but a lack of a recognised Goalscorer has cost us the game IMO!!!

Montrose score with one of only two shots that they had on target and that was that, we huffed and puffed in and around their box but with no end product, I honestly think Duggan would have scored at least two of those chances we had tonight and that is going to be the difference between challenging for a playoff place or dicking around the bottom half this season, having a proven Goalscorer at this level!!!

IMG_3930.thumb.jpg.97a26cbda55daa53e40ae96938c07175.jpg

Eta: This is not a dig at Darren as I actually think he has built up a decent squad for this season, a squad that should be capable to challenge at the right end of the table but even after just two games, it's pretty clear to see what is still lacking!!!

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Big pressure on Saint Johnson on Saturday now, potentially out before they even play us. Could be a great position for us in Perth next week.

Do you mean if we lose to Montrose as fallkurk did?  Could well happen, Mo are on a great run right now.

I wonder what could happen if we took this competition seriously?  Another glorified friendly with 6 changes from the team that beat Falkirk meant that a weaker starting eleven was on the park.  All players are getting 'game time'.  Things look promising.

Archived