League Cup 2018/19 Group B

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be fair, we should be absolutely strolling this group given the gulf in resources. If we don't it can only be seen as a failure.

I see roman_bairn is battling it out with Bairnardo for Falkirk fan with worst patter.

Quite an accolade, but given the state of this thread, still places both of us in a much higher league than most of the Saintees posters on here....

Saturday is a huge game for us now, although it sounds like Montrose didn't play particularly well, and you wonder if so many games in a week, so early in the season, might affect them. 

We'll likely go two up front, with Watt and Kane being that wee bit fitter one of them should have the legs to start. I'd be disappointed if they fail to score again. 

8 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Sadly you’ll just need to have that blip against us instead, eh?

Brother Madden is the ref again, so... 

Easier to tell you the ones to avoid. The Star and The Arch inn the high street i'd give a wide berth. Unless you like the smell of stale piss.
Market in the high street is fine enough for a start. Picture House on the way up to the high street from the station is like a Wetherspoons knock off if you like that sort of thing.

23 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Bit pish that tonight, created enough chances to win two games but a lack of a recognised Goalscorer has cost us the game IMO!!!Montrose score with one of only two shots that they had on target and that was that, we huffed and puffed in and around their box but with no end product,

You are not alone in wanting a good striker. Most clubs at our level want one. That's why it's vital to have a defence which is a bit like a duck's arse. Mo won 12 away games last season in the league and most were by the odd goal.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Saturday is a huge game for us now, although it sounds like Montrose didn't play particularly well,

We didn't dominate for long spells that's true but we won the league last season playing that way. This is getting ridiculous now i.e. us thinking we have a chance of getting to the knock out stage. Could even do it by beating our dear neighbours Forfar next week. And to think we are only treating it as pre-season pitch time having given game time to all our available squad. Probably get put in our place this Saturday - but you never know, concentrate on one game at a time, that's our strategy.

Just now, MOFOREVER said:

We didn't dominate for long spells that's true but we won the league last season playing that way. This is getting ridiculous now i.e. us thinking we have a chance of getting to the knock out stage. Could even do it by beating our dear neighbours Forfar next week. And to think we are only treating it as pre-season pitch time having given game time to all our available squad. Probably get put in our place this Saturday - but you never know, concentrate on one game at a time, that's our strategy.

Was just going by the one or two match reports that I've seen tbh, East Fife completely stunted us by sitting deep and being brave enough to counter, be interesting to see how Saturday goes. 

1 hour ago, MOFOREVER said:

You are not alone in wanting a good striker. Most clubs at our level want one. That's why it's vital to have a defence which is a bit like a duck's arse. Mo won 12 away games last season in the league and most were by the odd goal.

That's very true, but the annoying thing is we had one, we let him go and it doesn't look like finding a replacement was given priority!!!

By all accounts we were in discussions with Trouten and Spence but those fell through, the net should have been cast earlier and wider!!!

18 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Really looking forward to Saturday. Will be good to tick Links Park off and here’s hoping it’s nice and sunny on the day. What boozers are good, Mo fans?

The Market Arms is a cracking pub.

10 hours ago, King Kebab said:

That's very true, but the annoying thing is we had one, we let him go and it doesn't look like finding a replacement was given priority!!!

By all accounts we were in discussions with Trouten and Spence but those fell through, the net should have been cast earlier and wider!!!

Yeah, exactly the same as us. We had one in Chris Templeman but the lad retired at age 39. Can't blame him but getting a replacement ain't easy. We have a young lad from the Juniors who's a big unit but still a bit raw. He missed the game against you as Falkirk gave him a 'dead leg' last Saturday after he scored so we rested him. Anyway good luck the rest of this season apart from against us!

I was thinking of taking the train up to Montrose this Saturday but what with Rewind being on at Scone Palace, it's going to be a pain in the arse getting in to the Station. Instead, I'll take the car.

Where is the best place to park then? Ideally free ;) 

22 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

I was thinking of taking the train up to Montrose this Saturday but what with Rewind being on at Scone Palace, it's going to be a pain in the arse getting in to the Station. Instead, I'll take the car.

Where is the best place to park then? Ideally free ;) 

Plenty of on street parking near the ground 

Archived