League Cup 2018/19 Group B

Launching yourself off the ground, into a tackle, from behind, at knee height, isn't that. It sums up the ref that he thought it was just a yellow. 

Yes it was rather expertly carried out!!!

Stop yer greeting, he did enough to bring the guy down without hurting him knowing he was in a position to only get a yellow, that is the very essence of "taking one for the team"!!!

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Referee obviously under instructions to keep playing till the Premier Team scores here!!!

Well done to plucky St Johnstone there, in holding the Methil Milan to a scoreless draw!!!
Playing for penalties I reckon!!!

Drey Wright had a good game. Scougall and MacMillan did themselves no favours whatsoever. 

In the end Drey didn’t know who to give the ball to, torn between foster to lump a hopeful ball in or sky a shot, or Tanser failing to beat the first man with the cross 

5 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Petrie :wub:

6 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Petrie :wub:

SP  is a pars legend and quite of few of our players are Fifers.

It's fair to say that Montrose FC have the correct psychological profile to give these Falkirk bassas a right good hammering.

Feel sorry for East Fife fans, tbh, I couldn't even bring myself to celebrate any penalty, utterly soul destroying stuff. 

90 minutes against a team two divisions below, with no attackers missing, and we didn't even force the keeper into a save. Wotherspoon had an absolute nightmare, regularly tripping over the ball, thankfully his playmaking duties were taken over by Liam Craig though, who turns into a left footed Paton in the middle. Scougall seems to get swallowed up by the game and exerts absolutely no influence at all. 

Full backs contributed absolutely nothing going forward, Tansers only positive is his crossing and it was vile, Foster was his usual "punt ball to nobody, scream at closest person" player. McMillan doesn't look impressive at all, second touch is always him stretching to recover from his poor first touch. 

A worrying game, have to hope it's just rustiness. 

Really disjointed from Saints after a quick start. The failure to get the early goal when on top let East Fife dig themselves in and they were very organised. I think the first offside came after about 82 minutes; we just couldn't get behind them. It's the old cliché but you need to try and get the early goal in these games.

I know Kane and Watt might not be 100% fit but starting with one striker made it easier for the visitors, especially with nobody willing to get beyond McMillan.

To clutch at a positive, I think the manager will have learnt a bit today and it can be viewed as useful on that front. One of the benefits of having a sectional League Cup is you can experiment slightly and with the other result, we are still in a decent position. Can't afford to lose next Saturday though if Montrose win during the week.

Oooft. I guess Falkirk had a good League Cup group stage last year and it meant nothing.
Losing at home to part-timers in your first competitive game though, yikes. Maybe we'll do similar on Tuesday of course...
I know you are excited but try to use your words better.

Quite enjoyed that today and a far better performance than I've seen in any of our friendlies leading up to this game, we looked composed and collected at the back, letting St. Johnstone have as much possession as they wanted and growing visibly in confidence as the game went on and as they saw that the Saints weren't doing anything with this possession!!!

Yes our keeper looked the busier of the two what with all his catching and punching out of corners and crosses but I can't remember him having to make a real save, the only real chance of the game was ours, when McBride bulleted a header too close to the keeper in stead of all of the rest of the net that he had to aim for!!!

I think our lack of options up front was pretty clear to see, but we still did well and got around the Saints defence on a good few occasions, especially down our left side. A few more composed passes or crosses may have resulted in a few more chances being created!!!

All in all, very happy with the draw and that's what it was and what the records show, the penalties are just a "Brucey Bonus Point" and a bit of a lottery and typical that it was ex-Saintee Craig Thomson who missed ours, which is a bit of a shame as I thought that he had a very good game!!!

I'm a lot more confident going into the Season after watching that but we still need to find a Centre Forward worthy of the name, if we had one we probably would have won today, maybe we're waiting on the Rent Money from the Rovers for the use of the Nue Bayview today for a very busy Fife Derby and their Sell-Out game next week v Hearts before splashing out on a 30 goals a season hitman!!!

2 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Never in doubt..

What ? Oh aye , a 0-0 draw with the mighty East Fife. 

A wee reality check for you lot and your equally well supported brothers from Hamilton. 

3 minutes ago, Munoz said:

What ? Oh aye , a 0-0 draw with the mighty East Fife. 

A wee reality check for you lot and your equally well supported brothers from Hamilton. 

I'll refrain from responding angrily to your post. I'm saving my energy for the small number of teams who could potentially trouble St. Johnstone this season. Go back to your 'Group H' thread, please, and communicate solely with Kilmarnock fans in preparation for the relegation dogfight which awaits you both.

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I'll refrain from responding angrily to your post. I'm saving my energy for the small number of teams who could potentially trouble St. Johnstone this season. Go back to your 'Group H' thread, please, and communicate solely with Kilmarnock fans in preparation for the relegation dogfight which awaits you both.

Aye , but East Fife though. 

1 minute ago, Munoz said:

Aye , but East Fife though. 

I know, it's a massive shock. But these things happen occasionally. Football is so wonderfully unpredictable. Thankfully we've been professional enough to avoid defeat and end up with a bonus point in the process. 8)

Absolutely vile tackle on a young player who's just recovered from a serious injury. 
"taking one for the team" isn't even close to what that was. 

Aye should of just let the boy run through right enough, I’m sure craig read up on the player and noticed he was a young player just recovering from a serious injury so thought he’d chop him down.

Archived