League Cup 2018/19 Group B

FITBAWS BACK! 

Probably more excited than I should be, but I've only seen one friendly and it feels like it's been years since I've seen a proper match. 

East Fife seem short on a quality starting striker (I think), so really we should be winning this game comfortably. I imagine most of the pre-match talk will be about Watt, hoping he gets an hour so we see what he's like. 

LINEUP111531465704572.thumb.png.1a869dafb36d841e30ed859855c3ff6c.png

Be my selection. Gives Comrie and Gordon a chance to impress, gives Wotherspoon/Davidson and McMillan/Watt more game time beside each other. And Craig on the left gives us some form of protection if Tanser and Wotherspoon end up caught up the park. I'm loathe to suggest we go fully baws oot. 

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be Foster and Scougall instead of Comrie and Craig and Anderson in place of one of the centre backs IMO. The game time given over the past week is a big giveaway.

Understandable that you'd want to play Craig to double up on the threat of Craig Thomson though.

East Fife line up should be along the lines of;
IMG_3898.jpg
But if Agnew is missing, which by all accounts he could be, it'll probably be more along these lines;
IMG_3897.jpg
Subs: Chris Kane, Darren Young, Anton Dowds, Craig McDowall, Scott McBride
Think it's too early yet to see a return for Mark Docherty or Scott Linton!!!

Unfortunately pre-season tells me Hartley is going to favour 4-4-2 this season rather than the 3-5-2 which served us fairly well last year. Hopefully we manage to skud the three league one teams and then go through either by nicking a point in Perth to win the group on goal difference, or qualify as one of the 4 best runners up. 9 points has usually been enough to get through, with the exception of Peterhead last year.

I reckon tomorrow we're looking at:

Fasan

McGhee-Harrison-Dallison-Robson

TOE-Paton-Sammut-Petravicius

Turner-Mackin

Subs: Mitchell, Muirhead, Brough, McKee, Froxylias, Lewis, O'Hara

4 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Any Montrose P&Bers heading down tomorrow?

Yep, and there will be a few more as well but maybe not as many as for away league games at the end of last season. Hear we're all in the main stand so will give you a friendly wave!

Not too hopeful about the result as we are still re-building the side after several of last season's stars retired or were nicked by full time clubs - but, you never know!

11 hours ago, Widge said:

IMG_1531479738.250069.jpg

Why not, let’s go with that.

Thats a very attacking team, I'm all for it in this competition, about time we started to entertain at home.

Is Shaughnessy injured? I hadn't heard anything, but I notice neither suggested starting eleven has him involved.

Shaughnessy fell off a bike in the summer and has a bad cut above his knee which keeps opening up. I think this will be the first game he's missed through injury. Easton, Hurst and Kane also out.

Folk can keep picking a back three but it'll be 4-4-2 today, I'm sure.

On 13/07/2018 at 08:54, Radford said:

It will be Foster and Scougall instead of Comrie and Craig and Anderson in place of one of the centre backs IMO. The game time given over the past week is a big giveaway.

Understandable that you'd want to play Craig to double up on the threat of Craig Thomson though.

Was just my opinion really, would like Comrie to get more time so we actually see what he's like.

Im not sure we'd see anything close to the best of Scougall on the left, either. In theory him coming central and letting Tanser bomb up the left sounds good, but I'm not convinced it'll work like that. You'd then have Anderson as the left sided CH trying to cover the LB position, which is terrifying despite it only being Thomson. Craig gives more protection, while also giving a better delivery into the box from that wing, something I think McMillan and Watt might thrive on, and something that might be more useful if East Fife sit deep. 

14 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

Yep, and there will be a few more as well but maybe not as many as for away league games at the end of last season. Hear we're all in the main stand so will give you a friendly wave!

Not too hopeful about the result as we are still re-building the side after several of last season's stars retired or were nicked by full time clubs - but, you never know!

Is Cregg still playing for you?

3 hours ago, Radford said:

Folk can keep picking a back three but it'll be 4-4-2 today, I'm sure.

It will be but we want to be entertained. I'll certainly not be happy with any less than 5 this afternoon. East stand will be sundrenched with a nice breeze, might even wear shorts to get a wee tan on the legs.

Any gamblers here find any bookie offering first/ last goalscorers markets today?  I can't on the apps i usually use.

i emailed bet365 as they'll often quote you odds if you request it, but they basically told me their traders couldn't be arsed.

Tony Watt Watt Watt for 2+ goals.

Gordon and Kerr both start, Ando on the bench. Wright gets a full debut, but Watt on the bench.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Any gamblers here find any bookie offering first/ last goalscorers markets today?  I can't on the apps i usually use.

i emailed bet365 as they'll often quote you odds if you request it, but they basically told me their traders couldn't be arsed.

Tony Watt Watt Watt for 2+ goals.

McBookie might be worth a look. Not surprised at the reply you got from Bet365. There won't be much money in it for them and there's a risk of exposing themselves if they get it wrong. Easier to let a bookie with local knowledge lead with a price then follow suit. 

Archived