League Cup 18/19 Group A

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dundee United have just lost 1-0 to Ross County. This means that they have won a single point from their first two matches. Because they failed to beat Arbroath on Saturday as well.
They lost on Saturday if you go by their interpretation of the format last season.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Last 2 times we’ve been to Alloa we’ve shared 15 goals I think? Hopefully we’re a bit tighter at the back tonight. [emoji51]

Every fucking time. Thank god they’re in a different league from us this season. [emoji23]

United used to give me the fear in cups as no matter how well we played, they'd always beat us. Feels strange today, seeing a Dow assist for a Lindsay winner. Missed the game due to work but I heard United missed a penalty as well.

42 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Every fucking time. Thank god they’re in a different league from us this season. emoji23.png

The last few games against Arbroath have been bizarre, that ref was a right roaster..well out of his depth, Parry howler like the french keeper in the world cup final, all very weird

The last few games against Arbroath have been bizarre, that ref was a right roaster..well out of his depth, Parry howler like the french keeper in the world cup final, all very weird

It had all the hallmarks of a pre-season friendly. Dick C was the best source of entertainment.

Said to my mate before it I could feel another similar type game happening, that was before I had even seen Darren Hill was starting in goal.

Really weird line up from us, never recognised a few of the Alloa players either. Goodwin on bench too I see.

A lot of new faces in our line up , your guy hester looks a player, was impressed with our new guys hastie , liam dick, and trouten was dangerous, you guys play well in midfield always liked your style of play and i think you will do well and at least the playoffs ,but i dont think raith are shoe ins for the title ..you will run them close if you can finish a bit better.

A lot of new faces in our line up , your guy hester looks a player, was impressed with our new guys hastie , liam dick, and trouten was dangerous, you guys play well in midfield always liked your style of play and i think you will do well and at least the playoffs ,but i dont think raith are shoe ins for the title ..you will run them close if you can finish a bit better.

Hester seems to love this time of year. He was supposed to be going out on loan but looks like he’s staying, just needs to improve a wee bit more to start every week, he’s some boy for getting himself chances.

And I’ll wait and see the highlights, yours are usually top drawer always a good watch, even if its usually watching our defence fall apart.

Funnily enough regardless of tonight I actually think we’re looking like a tough team to beat. If we’ve got Jamieson in goal, a back 4 of Thomson, ToB, Little and Hammy, with (a fit) Toshney and Whatley sitting infront it’s pretty good. Maybe need another player like Bobby Linn going forward, someone to give us a bit of pace and creativity and then another striker, we should be looking good on paper anyway.

Unfortunately I think you’ve got a good side but it’s going to be very tough this year. You’ll definitely get more points than Brechin though, if you get 25-30 points you’ll have done well. Anything more then maybe you’ll scrape a play off which would be a very good season.

6 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's still waaaaaay too long. Unless it's been an absolute rip-snorter of a match, five minutes tops should be fine for most teams.

For me, I'm quite happy to sit through 10-15 mins of footage, gives me a decent portion of the game to view. Not in a position to share the ecstasy or torture of the full 90 minutes like some of you souls out there.

59 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Unfortunately I think you’ve got a good side but it’s going to be very tough this year

under no illusions but yep we will do well to get a playoff place at least, we will improve from that display , a new team and a lot of gelling to do .

Archived