League Cup 18/19 Group A

I watch a lot of the lower league clubs highlight packages, ours is definitely pretty long but it’s still pretty good when you’re a supporter, if it was another teams then different story.

Penalties also included in the highlights too to be fair not sure how many minutes they took up.

I suppose the one advantage is that if you’ve missed the game, watching a long highlights package will give more away in terms of the balance of the game. But still, I think the United highlights there was a 25 minute-long video, which is ridiculous even for a game that went to penalties.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you not seen the post from Ceres Arabs? They will take umbrage with saying they lost.

I had that particular post in mind when writing my own tbf.

I suppose the one advantage is that if you’ve missed the game, watching a long highlights package will give more away in terms of the balance of the game. But still, I think the United highlights there was a 25 minute-long video, which is ridiculous even for a game that went to penalties.

Aye. Overall it was a pretty average game all in not much happened.

Can see why part time teams would say that, afterall most don’t have a full squad and have had players away on holidays, barely had a pre season and they usually only get 1 or 2 games due to the cup being seeded in the past.

Clubs like United have a pretty big squad in comparison to part time teams. They’ve had everyone back pre season training full time for a decent amount of time now and it’s a chance for them to go into the latter rounds of a tournament.

There’s only really 2 major trophies up for grabs for clubs outwith Celtic and Rangers. They can only realistically be won by about 14 other full time clubs. Why would you not want to take it seriously. It’s a shit time of the season but it’s a shit time for everyone. Don’t get that.

7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I hope nobody is following the Alloa v Arbroath game online because every media outlet had different scores and scorers. Utterly bizzare. Screenshots to follow...

This. I’ve seen 2-0, 1-1 and 1-2 from the first three goals.

Archived