League Cup 18/19 Group A

A good day out at Tannadice yesterday. It makes a nice change for the visiting fans to get a decent part of  the stadium.

Both teams seem to be starting the season where they left off. A well organised display by the Lichties that should have taken the points, and a pretty insipid showing by United. I never enjoyed the thrashing we used to get at Tannadice in years gone by.

Arbroath need to start playing like that at Gayfield this season, starting next week against Elgin.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Comrie said:

Pity I can't make the County/United game due to work- they'll really have to come at us to stay in the cup.

County to win despite megafouling and United desperation. Hopefully some decent goals.

Have to wonder how long Shabba Rank Lolzo will be given to get United competitive again. Will he hold onto his jotters for the whole season?

I expect us to be unchanged for our trip to Alloa tomorrow evening. As Iv said Wallace and Swankie struggled on Saturday but I can’t see Dick/Pink dropping either of them.
Not sure. Played 4 at the back against United. Will DC stick with that?

Might be a few changes if he does. And would expect Denholm and Whatley to get more game time, possibly starting.

Not sure. Played 4 at the back against United. Will DC stick with that?

Might be a few changes if he does. And would expect Denholm and Whatley to get more game time, possibly starting.

Would be harsh on Omar and Gold if they make way for them. That’s just my opinion on who would drop out of course

Just watched the highlights of Dundee United vs Arbroath. Thoughts:

The Tannadice pitch looked awful despite that being the first game on it in about ten weeks.

Ryan Wallace looked to be carrying a fair bit of extra timber. I always liked him but constant injuries and a couple of years at part time football has done him no favours.

Arbroath’s highlights are ridiculously long. I’m sure a short goal kick to a centre back was one of their ‘highlights.’ Mental.

United getting beat by part timers is very fucking funny.

There’s something very tinpot about the PA man announcing the penalty scorers.

The Tannadice pitch looked awful despite that being the first game on it in about ten weeks.

Ryan Wallace looked to be carrying a fair bit of extra timber. I always liked him but constant injuries and a couple of years at part time football has done him no favours.

Arbroath’s highlights are ridiculously long. I’m sure a short goal kick to a centre back was one of their ‘highlights.’ Mental.

Have you not seen the post from Ceres Arabs? They will take umbrage with saying they lost.

Our highlights need shortened . 10-15 minutes is enough

That's still waaaaaay too long. Unless it's been an absolute rip-snorter of a match, five minutes tops should be fine for most teams.

Yea you are probably correct. It’s still good for the club to have the highlights and the post match interviews are usually up very quick.

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Yea you are probably correct. It’s still good for the club to have the highlights and the post match interviews are usually up very quick.

Yup, it's always a bonus when lower league clubs provide the service but something short and snappy is more effective IMO.

Dunfermline do a fantastic job with social media etc but even then there are things to nitpick, i.e. always including the kick off in the highlights package...

I watch a lot of the lower league clubs highlight packages, ours is definitely pretty long but it’s still pretty good when you’re a supporter, if it was another teams then different story.

Penalties also included in the highlights too to be fair not sure how many minutes they took up.

Archived