When Will Dundee United Go Bust?

When?  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

United probably do pay more than Dunfermline. Bigger club, more fans, higher revenues, higher expectations. I was merely querying your incessant rambling about United overpaying as if we would need to to sign free agents previously at Dunfermline. It might make you feel better but really there's a perfectly straightforward explanation for these guys coming to United which doesn't require the sort of fevered nonsense which Pars fans are ejaculating.

United's a much better supported club right enough. Average attendance last season was a whopping 262 more than Dunfermline.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, parslad said:

United's a much better supported club right enough. Average attendance last season was a whopping 262 more than Dunfermline.

United don't count the seagulls like Dunfermline.

Meaningless comparison.

5 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

United probably do pay more than Dunfermline. Bigger club, more fans, higher revenues, higher expectations. I was merely querying your incessant rambling about United overpaying as if we would need to to sign free agents previously at Dunfermline. It might make you feel better but really there's a perfectly straightforward explanation for these guys coming to United which doesn't require the sort of fevered nonsense which Pars fans are ejaculating.

You pay what you want. Morris is the only player I'd have kept, other two I'm not bothered about.

Other point is you pay what you think someone is worth. Chairman and Agents sort that out between them. I'm sure most clubs boards love dealing with Agents at this time of year.

What I'm also saying is some of your United brethren are also ejaculating over having signed these guys and I'm merely pointing out they're that good they come from a team who were 4th in last years league. Cock waving because you signed players from one of your biggest rivals is a bit silly given they're not top drawer, they're at this level for a reason.

One thing AJ has done at Pars with some level of success is take players who's careers have maybe stalled and got them fitted into a team playing reasonably well and improving year on year since administration. Over to you guys now, lets see how they fit in and perform. 

All that allied with the persistent rumours about perceived financial instability at Dundee United makes for some speculative close season stuff. 

Being honest what I want to see is the season getting underway and the Pars pumping United because it's long overdue.

2 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Piracy has special needs, tbf, Everyone else got it.

Special needs you say.

Single c**t reveal yourself.

25 minutes ago, parslad said:

Fair point being honest.

Cracking set of fans though. Loyal and passionate and right behind their Manager *smirk*

2 minutes ago, Piracy said:

You pay what you want. Morris is the only player I'd have kept, other two I'm not bothered about.

Other point is you pay what you think someone is worth. Chairman and Agents sort that out between them. I'm sure most clubs boards love dealing with Agents at this time of year.

What I'm also saying is some of your United brethren are also ejaculating over having signed these guys and I'm merely pointing out they're that good they come from a team who were 4th in last years league. Cock waving because you signed players from one of your biggest rivals is a bit silly given they're not top drawer, they're at this level for a reason.

One thing AJ has done at Pars with some level of success is take players who's careers have maybe stalled and got them fitted into a team playing reasonably well and improving year on year since administration. Over to you guys now, lets see how they fit in and perform. 

All that allied with the persistent rumours about perceived financial instability at Dundee United makes for some speculative close season stuff. 

Being honest what I want to see is the season getting underway and the Pars pumping United because it's long overdue.

All I have seen is negativity from United fans due to having a useless manager.

Admittedly there is a degree of amusement over the various Pars' breakdowns, seethe and infighting this summer. That is a separate matter entirely.

You only see what your eyes wants to see. How can life be what you want it be? You're frozen.

Just now, Piracy said:

Special needs you say.

Single c**t reveal yourself.

What's a single c**t? Is that as opposed to a double c**t, or another multiple of c**t? The latter sounds like more fun, albeit the former is perhaps more respectable.

3 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

All I have seen is negativity from United fans due to having a useless manager.

Admittedly there is a degree of amusement over the various Pars' breakdowns, seethe and infighting this summer. That is a separate matter entirely.

You only see what your eyes wants to see. How can life be what you want it be? You're frozen.

Are you quoting Madonna?

You single c**t!

Just now, Pull My Strings said:

What's a single c**t? Is that as opposed to a double c**t, or another multiple of c**t? The latter sounds like more fun, albeit the former is perhaps more respectable.

Using special needs to score a cheap insult is c**t behaviour. Put down the White Lightening.

Just now, Piracy said:

Using special needs to score a cheap insult is c**t behaviour. Put down the White Lightening.

Oh I see. Yeah, depends what you take from the expression, I suppose. I can see how it could be construed that way. I certainly wouldn't want anyone to conflate your nonsense with anyone who has difficulties with comprehension and isn't a boring c**t.

Put me right on your clubs financial situation instead of personal insults.

Your Chairman is on record saying your club will continue to take losses whilst you're in the Championship.

He also said "The board remains confident that a combination of new revenue streams, including investment in new and improved match day hospitality facilities, balanced with further selective loan finance and carefully targeted cost-cutting will enhance the club’s Premiership ambitions while addressing the company’s current financial challenges.”

To be fair cutting your losses from over 7 million to £1.8 million is going down the right road but still seems like your club is still pretty desperate to get out of this league.

One way is to spend cash and to buy up the (percieved) best from other clubs around you. Sound familiar to any other 'big' clubs?

For reference:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC013690/filing-history/MzIwMTYzNzAxMGFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

15 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

United don't count the seagulls like Dunfermline.

Meaningless comparison.

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Yet another Friday and yet no administration. It's almost like it isn't actually going to happen and never was going to happen.

The old Rangers and Hearts fans had the same attitude

Just now, Gaz FFC said:

The old Rangers and Hearts fans had the same attitude

True but I don't recall United giving out wages of £7k a week to jpbbers recently 

Archived