When Will Dundee United Go Bust?

When?  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

You know what tomorrow is lads?

This weeks admin Friday 

You won't go bust but you will rue the day signing players (and over paying them) who were only good enough to ensure a 4th place spot in this league last season. Clark and Aird specifically.

Hoovering up perceived best players from opposition in the league and paying them loads more may work as a strategy but is pretty risky. 

You won't go bust but you will rue the day signing players (and over paying them) who were only good enough to ensure a 4th place spot in this league last season. Clark and Aird specifically.
Hoovering up perceived best players from opposition in the league and paying them loads more may work as a strategy but is pretty risky. 

It worked for rangers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

2 hours ago, Piracy said:

Out of interest, how much are we paying Clark and Aird?

8 hours ago, Piracy said:

5 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Le bump.

Come on buddy, chop chop. My flight board's shortly but I'll be home by about 7 CET. I expect an answer to be awaiting my return.

Le bump.
Come on buddy, chop chop. My flight board's shortly but I'll be home by about 7 CET. I expect an answer to be awaiting my return.
Clark on £7842/month and Aird £6547/month with mobile phone contract paid (with international dialling and roaming).

Well if I was their agent that's what I would have aimed for. If they're on more than that I'd say well played.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

9 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Not as much as your club can pay them. 

We're set up to live within our means.

How much they're paid who knows. Hope you got your flight, I'm not long off mine.

Are you an Agent.

4 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Clark on £7842/month and Aird £6547/month with mobile phone contract paid (with international dialling and roaming).

Well if I was their agent that's what I would have aimed for. If they're on more than that I'd say well played.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I think you’re missing the point.

2 hours ago, Piracy said:

Not as much as your club can pay them. 

We're set up to live within our means.

How much they're paid who knows. Hope you got your flight, I'm not long off mine.

Are you an Agent.

Huh? If you've no idea what we're paying then why all the silly comments about overpaying them?

Flight was fine, cheers. Nice to be home. 

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Huh? If you've no idea what we're paying then why all the silly comments about overpaying them?

Flight was fine, cheers. Nice to be home. 

It's an assumption and speculation, typical close season stuff. 

If we're offering them a wage and they're leaving the club to go to United it's fairly safe to assume your club will be paying more. Isn't that what Agents do this time of year?, get their respective clients more lucrative deals.

Are you of the opinion that Dundee United will not be offering more than the Pars to Clark, Morris and Aird?

McManus going to Ross County, isn't there a good chance they're paying more than we offered?

I'd go as far as to say United and Ross County will spend more than the other clubs because they'll have the means to do so.

Nothing wrong with that if that's their respective strategies for the oncoming season. In reality what we're all seeing is the same players doing the rounds between clubs.

4 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

I have no idea about Clark but I did here that Aird was on £1,690 per week.

At Pars? ....haha, nice one.

18 minutes ago, Piracy said:

It's an assumption and speculation, typical close season stuff. 

If we're offering them a wage and they're leaving the club to go to United it's fairly safe to assume your club will be paying more. Isn't that what Agents do this time of year?, get their respective clients more lucrative deals.

Are you of the opinion that Dundee United will not be offering more than the Pars to Clark, Morris and Aird?

McManus going to Ross County, isn't there a good chance they're paying more than we offered?

I'd go as far as to say United and Ross County will spend more than the other clubs because they'll have the means to do so.

Nothing wrong with that if that's their respective strategies for the oncoming season. In reality what we're all seeing is the same players doing the rounds between clubs.

United probably do pay more than Dunfermline. Bigger club, more fans, higher revenues, higher expectations. I was merely querying your incessant rambling about United overpaying as if we would need to to sign free agents previously at Dunfermline. It might make you feel better but really there's a perfectly straightforward explanation for these guys coming to United which doesn't require the sort of fevered nonsense which Pars fans are ejaculating.

Archived