(Alan Stubbs is...) The Next St Mirren Manager

35 minutes ago, Piehutt said:

Wouldn't imagine Jim Goodwin is far from the job and seems a pretty reasonable choice. Don't think its a big factor that he has only managed at Alloa. 

Yea, I'd agree with this.  I think I'd be quite happy with seeing Jim back at the club.

Ian Cathro would be interesting too.  

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Piehutt said:

Sunderland, imo, completely the wrong move for him. A club in free fall, and any manager going in there is going to be more likely to be out by Christmas than really have a go at promotion.  Appreciate it's a life changing salary - but patience likely to have provided him with better opportunities.

Not sure if you have kept up to date with the changes but Sunderland, along with being relegated to an "easier" league, have got a new chairman/owner and are now debt free. The real trick is to time it as they plateau and push them back up. We'll see if Ross has timed this correctly within a few months.

I disappointed he's gone, but Sunderland aren't the basket case they were just a few months ago when they were chasing McInnes.

2 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Cathro, imo, would be an unmitigated disaster. I'm sure he's a fairly decent coach, but it was absolutely clear he couldn't handle the position of manager. Ok, you had Levein in the background, but every single press conference he came across as someone who just didn't understand the job he was meant to do. His signings were also very questionable.

I feel people only hint at Cathro because of the Goncalves connection. If so, and I'm not suggesting that is the reason you have mentioned him, then that's grasping at straws.

Robbie Neilson on Scotsport was talking about the job. Essentially he's saying for him to take the job there has to be a budget in place to be able to "achieve something".

He was fairly positive about it though.

Davie Weir and Jim Duffy both said they were interested. Weir effectively said, "I'm unemployed and the job is available, of course I'm interested"

33 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Robbie Neilson on Scotsport was talking about the job. Essentially he's saying for him to take the job there has to be a budget in place to be able to "achieve something".

He was fairly positive about it though.

Davie Weir and Jim Duffy both said they were interested. Weir effectively said, "I'm unemployed and the job is available, of course I'm interested"

Trust me on this, you do not want David Weir as your manager.

52 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Ok, that's me convinced on Neilson. He's my number one choice.

I wonder if Hearts fans would be annoyed if we employed him. I do hope so.

Without a shadow. I'm sold on the guy. 

19 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Is there another Ian Cathro because you surely can't be talking about the ex-Hearts manager?

On 5/26/2018 at 00:30, Buddist Monk said:

I love how raging the Celtic shop thing gets some opposition fans. In fact this is normally the reaction I have...

RsI9t.gif

I know, but look at the fucking options, who'd make a poll of that. If there are some serious contenders other than possibly Neilson then I'll add one.

Tears, after taking up the arse?   

Seriously, how much did you make is raw cash?  

31 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Tears, after taking up the arse? 

Deary me, although as you claim to be in Thailand it's no surprise that's where your mind went. I believe "taking it up the arse" is the primary tourist attraction in Bangkok.

As for the amount of money made, and while I have absolutely no idea how much, there are two things most sensible posters could conclude; it clearly brought in some money otherwise we wouldn't have done it, with the other being the money raised is very likely to be more than what Forfar have for an annual budget.

I get why people see the joke in it, but it's just testament to how good our stadium and surface is when the biggest clubs in the country turn to us when their own logistics fail.

None of this, of course, is relevant to our next manager.

On 26/05/2018 at 10:20, RossC93 said:

What's wrong with McIntyre?

On 26/05/2018 at 10:23, Savage Henry said:

A circus sideshow is precisely what McIntyre brings. Stability is not his game.

You'd be signing Martin Woods. And you'd rather have Alex Rae as manager than Woods patrolling the midfield. 

2 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Deary me, although as you claim to be in Thailand it's no surprise that's where your mind went. I believe "taking it up the arse" is the primary tourist attraction in Bangkok.

As for the amount of money made, and while I have absolutely no idea how much, there are two things most sensible posters could conclude; it clearly brought in some money otherwise we wouldn't have done it, with the other being the money raised is very likely to be more than what Forfar have for an annual budget.

I get why people see the joke in it, but it's just testament to how good our stadium and surface is when the biggest clubs in the country turn to us when their own logistics fail.

None of this, of course, is relevant to our next manager.

Thank you for your honest answer.

No need for the personal insult, or your disillusion thoughts of Thailand. Being a Monk you should know better. 

Yes, the first little section was a little dig, however, I was interested in the pro/con. 

It's obviously made money, well I hope! As an insensible,  verging on mental poster I'm all ears, should all diddy clubs start to open old firm shops attached their stadium? Is the money worth it, while personally the fans like yourself sit  back.  I'm just curious of the ins & outs of how/why and was their any fan considerations beforehand.

As for a little dig at Forfar, f**k you am livid.

Is Lee McCulloch still available?:P  

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:40, Piehutt said:

Sunderland, imo, completely the wrong move for him. A club in free fall, and any manager going in there is going to be more likely to be out by Christmas than really have a go at promotion.  Appreciate it's a life changing salary - but patience likely to have provided him with better opportunities. 

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 14:18, Buddist Monk said:

Not sure if you have kept up to date with the changes but Sunderland, along with being relegated to an "easier" league, have got a new chairman/owner and are now debt free. The real trick is to time it as they plateau and push them back up. We'll see if Ross has timed this correctly within a few months.

I disappointed he's gone, but Sunderland aren't the basket case they were just a few months ago when they were chasing McInnes.

They're also due a £35m parachute payment which will dwarf the budget of most teams in that league. Given their resources, they should piss that division next season. Think it's an astute gamble from Ross and hope he does well.

1 minute ago, lanky_ffc said:

Think it's an astute gamble from Ross and hope he does well.

This is the whole thing in a nutshell. Ignoring Jack's qualities as manager, the Sunderland job, now they've been taken over, stands to be a very flattering gig for any manager.

Archived