(Alan Stubbs is...) The Next St Mirren Manager

54 minutes ago, Stu said:

What was Stubbs like for bringing youngsters into the team? Ross made us a fair chunk in transfer fees from selling the likes of McAllister, Morgan, Mallan etc and would be good if Stubbs is willing to give youth a chance, although it'll be harder being in the Premiership.

This is purely a guess, but I've got a feeling Stubbs sold the board on the idea that the budget being limited is not an issue (and it is limited due to us being a fan owned club) so long as he can bring though young players and possibly sell them on. Now we have a couple of decent players coming through the ranks and our best asset just now is Magennis. Obviously the budget will be vastly improved if John McGinn moves in the Summer and I'm not sure that is definitely going to happen, so we can't rely on that cash. If McGinn doesn't move I'd be surprised not to see Stubbs cash in on Magennis. Disappointing but ultimately the way a club of our size need to operate.

Of the other candidates, and I can't really comment on how good McIntyre would be with developing the youths, I think that's where Stubbs sold his case. As I say, just a guess.

I've said "develop the youths" as if it's something only the manager has remit over, it's clearly not as we all know and keeping that internal structure is, imo, really important. It's certainly working as is, so why kill that golden goose?

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every c**t knows falkirk are a horrible team to play. Horrible surface, horrible fans, horrible fans (again), horrible getting out the carpark, horrible accents, always got a horrible manager, horrible players who are schooled in horrible anti football tactics, horrible diving, horrible biting just fucking horrible.

Anyone that finds the whole horrible experience of playing horrible Falkirk really horrible is probably ok.

Plus he won't be playing those horrible c***s next season.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Absolutely fantastic post. Thank you.

I would now love to see Peter Houston get the Livingston job just for the utter scenes when he would own Stubbs again. He had him about greeting a good few times. It was glorious.

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Fony Titz said:
Every c**t knows falkirk are a horrible team to play. Horrible surface, horrible fans, horrible fans (again), horrible getting out the carpark, horrible accents, always got a horrible manager, horrible players who are schooled in horrible anti football tactics, horrible diving, horrible biting just fucking horrible.

Anyone that finds the whole horrible experience of playing horrible Falkirk really horrible is probably ok.

Absolutely fantastic post. Thank you.

It's sensational. Some muscled, witty, intelligent, handsome Bairn obviously absolutely ruined this tube's bird one time.

Pleasing.

1 hour ago, Fony Titz said:

Not enough horrible IMO.

As a fan of one of your competitors I am happy with this appointment also. Jack Ross to Alan Stubbs......that will do nicely 

Now for Livvy to appoint a similar standard if Manager and relegation becomes less of a reality....pleasing.

33 minutes ago, welldaft said:

As a fan of one of your competitors I am happy with this appointment also. Jack Ross to Alan Stubbs......that will do nicely 

Now for Livvy to appoint a similar standard if Manager and relegation becomes less of a reality....pleasing.

Likewise, Premiership I reckon will be too much for him.

5 hours ago, Fony Titz said:

Oh Dear ,get the popcorn out 

5 hours ago, Fony Titz said:

See you in the playoffs

Archived