(Alan Stubbs is...) The Next St Mirren Manager

8 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I see the Sun are reporting that Ally McCoist  and Kenny McDowall are going to be interviewed next week. Then just to add insult to injury they finish off the article by stating that Paul Hartley is a late contender. :lol:

I can categorically state that there is no way either of them will be getting near an interview for the job.

These fucktards must wake up in the morning and wonder which names to make up to fill up column space.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple of things...

With the Guti link I was thinking back over previous famous Spanish footballers linked with us, namely Victor. What I didn't realise is that he went on to be a manager and has some 10+ clubs under his belt. Time for a homecoming?

I was initially interested by the link with the Coleraine manager. Seems a similar story to Ross with a stunning season and a MotS award. What has put me completely off is that he's the son in law of Sheils. That man is a figurative cancer and should be kept away from our club at all costs, so sorry Kearney but if you sleep with dogs...

On 01/06/2018 at 09:07, Dindeleux said:

David Hopkin. Despite the fact I made a mistake I still expected anyone semi-intelligent to understand who I meant.

Careful. One slip of the mouse and we could’ve had Ross Jack as manager these last 18 months.

I can categorically state that there is no way either of them will be getting near an interview for the job.
These fucktards must wake up in the morning and wonder which names to make up to fill up column space.

You hope. Good god, you hope.

18 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I see the Sun are reporting that Ally McCoist  and Kenny McDowall are going to be interviewed next week. Then just to add insult to injury they finish off the article by stating that Paul Hartley is a late contender. :lol:

Most of the old lags in contention will have a mixed CV or else they’d be in employment at a level well (sic) above SaintsEminem don't even have that - they presided over 2 first round exits in Europe and a first round exit to Falkirk in the LC before imploding in the league, albeit in difficult circumstances. Their time in the diddy divisions was with the exception of the 2013/14 unbeaten title win not impressive (and even that is arguable). Robbie Nielsen forced their resignations in 2014/15 when Hearts ran away with the division (on a far smaller budget).

I know Paul Hartley is a ridiculous suggestion given he's currently employed by another top flight club but again he's achieved some success as a manager - if the timing was right I'd be OK with him as Saints manager. I've always thought of him as a bit of a pantomime villain anyway. 

shaun.jpg

25 minutes ago, btb said:

I know Paul Hartley is a ridiculous suggestion given he's currently employed by another top flight club but again he's achieved some success as a manager - if the timing was right I'd be OK with him as Saints manager. I've always thought of him as a bit of a pantomime villain anyway. 

Who won the recent Scottish Cup Final in your alternate reality?

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Who won the recent Scottish Cup Final in your alternate reality?

Slipped my mind, what can I say - old age. :spud5

Dunfermline - pity you missed it! 

22 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Ally McCoist getting the job would likely see me off the Erskine Bridge. 

Thankfully, that won't happen. 

Exactly. If the club were looking at ways not to sell season tickets,  this would be up there with the best. 

I wouldn't wish super Ally on anyone...
But he is brutal ala Derek Johnstone (football first) on Talksport
I disagree to an extent, i find him quite funny on Talksport. Been a big improvement without that w**k Brazil talking shite.

McCoist is a brilliant character imo but not a football manager, or one we should be taking a risk on at this moment.

Would be ironic considering i was saying to the Morton fans about him taking over at Cappelow.

This Irish lad appears to be the left fielder that a few fans were wanting.

20 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I disagree to an extent, i find him quite funny on Talksport. Been a big improvement without that w**k Brazil talking shite.

McCoist is a brilliant character imo but not a football manager, or one we should be taking a risk on at this moment.

Would be ironic considering i was saying to the Morton fans about him taking over at Cappelow.

This Irish lad appears to be the left fielder that a few fans were wanting.

I find him stop starty and not fluent and quite cringey on talksport, I never really minded him on tv but for me comes across as amateurish and clueless on the radio, bit like is management career tbh.

Hopkin must be high up on the St Mirren list now with quitting Livvy, cant see an English club taking a punt on him and he surely wouldnt quit without something in the pipeline

Archived