Larkhall Thistle thrown out of Caley League

NewBallsPlease

Danny Gibson and Scott McGuire 
50 mile round trip to go to training probably twice a week. Every match an away match. Don't understand why anyone at his level would play with an amateur team so far away from where they live

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, josecc said:
1 hour ago, Mick Kennedy said:

50 mile round trip to go to training probably twice a week. Every match an away match. Don't understand why anyone at his level would play with an amateur team so far away from where they live

Feel sorry for Goldenhill. By all accounts, a special season and a team built with mostly all local boys and pals. It would have been good to see them develop as a team and go again next season.

Guest Mick Kennedy
50 minutes ago, josecc said:
2 hours ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Scott lives in the West End the journey not much different to what he will be doing the now. Loads of boys do it across the country I done it myself for years 

6 hours ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Hearing Larkhall Appeal lost. Officially chucked out of the Caley League. Also a strange one that might b joining Motherwell Thistle and playing in SAFL next season. Thought they were better than that tbh

Surprising from Motherwell Thistle if true, always come across as a sensible well run side.

I understand why the Cally clubs took the decision at their AGM to not re elect Larkhall Thistle but it MAY be a problem should Larkhall Th go further with another appeal to the SFA, as I can't see the SFA being happy with a club being dealt with in such manner whilst a appeal process is ongoing especially if Larkhall Th raise the circumstances.
Yes every League have the right to refuse membership to any club they choose, and even the SAFA appeals committee can't impose a club membership on a League even if Larkhall Th won the appeal but The SFA is a different ball game.
In my opinion the League should have waited to the appeal process is completed then called a SGM and carried out the same process.
At the end of the day it would be the same outcome, but without the risk.
Only my opinion please

You'll need to change ur user name to auld yin wae nae knowledge as it seems the League done the right thing and played a blinder [emoji1] [emoji1]

1 hour ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

You'll need to change ur user name to auld yin wae nae knowledge as it seems the League done the right thing and played a blinder emoji1.pngemoji1.png

I would suggest you read my post again especially the part " The appeal process is finished " its not as Larkhall Th can appeal to The SAFA.

Your League will be fully aware of this. 

What your League done is democratic wrong and has really stuck 2 fingers up of a clubs right of appeal by deciding to reject them at The AGM before appeal is heard. in other words we do not care if you appeal we have a made a decision and that's the end of the matter.

So Mr Amateur Footie Fan your pop has come to quick...……............….but I am sure you has been  told this before by your Girlfriend / Boyfriend ;):wub:  

I would suggest you read my post again especially the part " The appeal process is finished " its not as Larkhall Th can appeal to The SAFA.
What your League done is democratic wrong and has really stuck 2 fingers up of a clubs right of appeal by deciding to reject them at The AGM before appeal is heard. in other words we do not care if you appeal we have a made a decision and that's the end of the matter.
So Mr Amateur Footie Fan your pop has come to quick...……............….but I am sure you has been  told this before by your Girlfriend / Boyfriend [emoji6]:wub:  

I'm not in the League? Also don't play or have any active involvement any more but still speak to players, coaches, mates, boyfriends [emoji6] etc who are involved. I don't have an axe to grind which you seem to have. My information is that Larkhall withdrew their appeal so kind of throws a spanner in your whole argument. Feel free to come back on and give me some of your 'knowledge' [emoji57] auld yin ????????????????

31 minutes ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

So Mr Amateur Footie Fan your pop has come to quick...……............….but I am sure you has been  told this before by your Girlfriend / Boyfriend ;):wub:  

democratic wrong??

Did all the teams in tghe league no vote against Larkhall and kick them oot.  Whit is more democratic than that??

Auld yin I thought your original post was flawed in that if Larkhall had won their appeal ( highly unlikely Because of the case against them) then the league /clubs had decided to eject them after that would that not have been sticking two fingers up to the SAFA?
Also how would it have looked if the league /clubs had approved their membership at the AGM as you suggested they should have and then later rescind that?

Glad they are out the Caley. No room for team just wanting to fight every game, discipline record horrendous. Right decision to boot them out, wouldn’t of been taken lightly either given they just won league and have done well in majors as well.

Auld yin I thought your original post was flawed in that if Larkhall had won their appeal ( highly unlikely Because of the case against them) then the league /clubs had decided to eject them after that would that not have been sticking two fingers up to the SAFA?
Also how would it have looked if the league /clubs had approved their membership at the AGM as you suggested they should have and then later rescind that?

Good points. Never thought o sum of that. Also how coud league vote in Larkhall at agm saying they want thim in the legue jist after chuking out of league week before. Bit daft fae the auld yin

PDK and Amateur Footie Fan, you are not getting my point so let me try and explain ……………………….The League took the decision to throw Larkhall Th out ….....…….that club took up their right to appeal,...……………….before the appeal got heard the League and clubs took the decision to not to accept the membership yes still with me...………….. so my point is what's the point giving a club a right to appeal then before its heard you throw them out.

PDK I agree its highly unlikely the appeal would have been successful but you still got to allow the process to be completed that's my point.

The League and clubs accept their membership at the AGM and then wait for the appeal outcome  

Amateur Footie Fan no grinds to axe just stating how the system is suppose to work, no matter what League we all have to abide by the rules for clubs / players / officials the right of appeal.

PDK and Amateur Footie Fan, you are not getting my point so let me try and explain ……………………….The League took the decision to throw Larkhall Th out ….....…….that club took up their right to appeal,...……………….before the appeal got heard the League and clubs took the decision to not to accept the membership yes still with me...………….. so my point is what's the point giving a club a right to appeal then before its heard you throw them out.
PDK I agree its highly unlikely the appeal would have been successful but you still got to allow the process to be completed that's my point.
The League and clubs accept their membership at the AGM and then wait for the appeal outcome  
Amateur Footie Fan no grinds to axe just stating how the system is suppose to work, no matter what League we all have to abide by the rules for clubs / players / officials the right of appeal.

Ok so are you sayn the leage never abided by Rules. Interesting. Maybe point thim out

Ok Auld yin We don’t agree but that’s ok as you said that’s your opinion but i would have thought more of your opinion if you said that Larkhall fully deserved what they got instead of bitching about the league’s/clubs decision However if they are going where we hear then you may see that for yourself probably very soon.

So say the league and clubs did as you say and accepted their application, what is the appeal was successful and larkhall were reinstated by the safa ? The council are left with a club they did not want because they were worried it would effect the appeal process ?

Ok Auld yin We don’t agree but that’s ok as you said that’s your opinion but i would have thought more of your opinion if you said that Larkhall fully deserved what they got instead of bitching about the league’s/clubs decision However if they are going where we hear then you may see that for yourself probably very soon.

Is the auld yin no bin outed on here be4 as SAFL Committee. As u say maybe if rumurs r true be why he is defending thugs so much if their all going to Motherwell Thistle in his league [emoji16][emoji16]

Is the auld yin no bin outed on here be4 as SAFL Committee. As u say maybe if rumurs r true be why he is defending thugs so much if their all going to Motherwell Thistle in his league [emoji16][emoji16]

He’s a fraud. Regularly on here having digs at central Scottish league usually for taking teams from safl, when he was actualy part of central committee at one point and was tapping St Pats asking them to leave safl. Hypocrisy of the highest order.

I give up with you Amateur Footie Fan obviously having a problem trying to read and understand my posts……….

PDK I have not a clue what Larkhall Th done to deserve the punishment, so I can not comment on it, but I reckon it must be severe to get thrown out,my post was  I was just explaining the normal procedure 

eyes wide open in answer to your question read my first post please

With Larkhall Th withdrawing the appeal before it was heard suppose proves something.

Chris Cbrown4 bloody hell that was 25 years ago St.Pats were interviewed for your League but I doubt if I was involved in "tapping them "  [ before the tapping rule was brought in ] but I will go with you knowledge of the incident .........….as for being a fraud well not sure what I have done that's fraudulent,...…………………………….. is that someone whose club cancels a game before a park is booked :shutup

I asked simple questiin as you said the League wisnae abidin by Rules. See above. What rules? You hiv knowledge. Tell us

Archived