Larkhall Thistle thrown out of Caley League

NewBallsPlease

Guest Mick Kennedy
On 12/06/2018 at 23:23, AmatuerFootball12 said:

Pretty sure the team who ran away with the Prem struggled to beat them. Sure they got further in the Scottish than any Premier League team beating teams like Hurlford along the way!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mick Kennedy

I believe the central won’t be there destination, I’m hearing it potentially another league 

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 08:01, Crazy Feet said:

One off games eh? Shows you anything can happen. Especially when it's a team of thugs intimidating the opposition.

Good riddance.

Who are these thugs you constantly refer to? Out of curiosity, how  many of their players do you know and how many of their games did you attend? 

Larkhall’s removal from The Caledonian League has been confirmed after the executive committee decided against waiting on them to appeal. The other clubs have voted unanimously to oppose their re-election to the league.

Well that will be that then. Great decision by the league IMO. Sends a message out to teams like that and tells you all you need to know about the Caley League.

Not sure if its the same Larkhall, but can remember from the old NSLAFA they were kicked out aswell, where they emerged teams with netherburn to get back into the setup. Dont get me wrong think the guys at netherburn had enough of them n sent them packing. 

I understand why the Cally clubs took the decision at their AGM to not re elect Larkhall Thistle but it MAY be a problem should Larkhall Th go further with another appeal to the SFA, as I can't see the SFA being happy with a club being dealt with in such manner whilst a appeal process is ongoing especially if Larkhall Th raise the circumstances.

Yes every League have the right to refuse membership to any club they choose, and even the SAFA appeals committee can't impose a club membership on a League even if Larkhall Th won the appeal but The SFA is a different ball game.

In my opinion the League should have waited to the appeal process is completed then called a SGM and carried out the same process.

At the end of the day it would be the same outcome, but without the risk.

Only my opinion please

42 minutes ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Hearing Larkhall Appeal lost. Officially chucked out of the Caley League. Also a strange one that might b joining Motherwell Thistle and playing in SAFL next season. Thought they were better than that tbh

Some teams are desperate for success and will take anybody on.

I'd expect a merger of Larkhall and Motherwell Thistle to go very close to winning the SAFL Premier given Colville are taking all of Goldenhill's best players from them.

2 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Some teams are desperate for success and will take anybody on.

I'd expect a merger of Larkhall and Motherwell Thistle to go very close to winning the SAFL Premier given Colville are taking all of Goldenhill's best players from them.

Who have colville signed from Goldenhill?

Guest Mick Kennedy
18 minutes ago, wingwaa said:

Who have colville signed from Goldenhill?

Danny Gibson and Scott McGuire 

Guest Mick Kennedy

Yeh  don’t think it’s anything to serious tho, some rest and rehabilitation he should be fine. 

Archived