Juniors to League Transfers

nodmaster

7 hours ago, nodmaster said:

Hi There,

Does anybody know of any players who have left a Junior Club and will join a League Clubs in 2018-2019 season.

Thanks

As the season doesn't finish for another month, few deals will be announced just yet. Albion Rovers will be the club to watch.

15 minutes ago, DanMan said:

Having watched Junior Football for a few seasons, I am staggered that there isnt a lot more players going from Junior to Senior. Some really good players in the Junior Ranks

At the higher echelons of the Junior game there are certainly some that could cut it. A lot will stay Junior though because of work reasons or because they don't fancy the amount of travel playing in the lower reaches of the SPFL would entail. To add to that, top-end Junior sides are paying the same or in some instances better money than they'd get elsewhere.

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

The boy Gracie from Larkhall is away to Albion Rovers 

You can add Bryan Wharton (Pollok), Alan Murdoch (Blantyre) and Gareth Hallford (Lanark).

Mussey have lost 4 by my reckoning: Ally Adams, Jed Davie and Sean Murphy to Berwick and Brad Donaldson to Edinburgh City.

Clyde have signed Kieran Hughes from Kilbirnie.

Albion Rovers have also announced Jamie Watson from Kilsyth (his 10th club aged 23!). Ronan Kearney has also come in from Alloa but has been with Lanark on loan the past two seasons. Steven Smith also from Alloa but again was on loan in the Juniors last season, with Wishaw.

Larry McMahon from Winton announced.

Scott Forrester as noted above, from Perthshire.

12 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Albion Rovers have also announced Jamie Watson from Kilsyth (his 10th club aged 23!). Ronan Kearney has also come in from Alloa but has been with Lanark on loan the past two seasons. Steven Smith also from Alloa but again was on loan in the Juniors last season, with Wishaw.

Larry McMahon from Winton announced.

Scott Forrester as noted above, from Perthshire.

I know many junior teams have a high turnover of players each year and it’s a challenge to get those teams to gel. St Rochs are playing Albion Rovers next Saturday and I will be an interested spectator that day to see how Brogan is faring with that. 

Archived