Sign in to follow this  
Jdog

The TSB scandal

What is truly staggering is that they never had a backout when it went tits up. Things go wrong all the time but surely you can’t get permission to do it without a way of going back to the state it was in before? Worked for a few big IT firms and backout plans are mandatory, not a nice to have

1 hour ago, southstand_bairn said:

What is truly staggering is that they never had a backout when it went tits up. Things go wrong all the time but surely you can’t get permission to do it without a way of going back to the state it was in before? Worked for a few big IT firms and backout plans are mandatory, not a nice to have

Mentioned my staggerness earlier in the thread. My theory are that the Spanish owners were so proud of their software system that they'd used for smaller bank acquisitions before, and they were bragging about how it would be no problem with a bigger bank like TSB, that they refused to lose face with a temporary retreat and ordered staff to push on, whatever. Pride comes before a fall, as they say. 

Girlfriend banks with TSB and they’ve advised they cannot guarantee when she’ll get a response to her complaint as they’re still dealing with so many

On 5/23/2018 at 17:59, Dindeleux said:

When RBS had their big issue a couple of years ago it was allegedly  due to fraudsters and hackers.  They did a great job covering it up and I expect TSB to follow suit.

In the same way that the potholes in our street were caused by Genghis Khan, allegedly.

Edited by ancientnoise

Now Visa goes tits up as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44341070

I had to pay for my pizza with cash last night. First world problem but something the wife said to me made me think (and get my tin foil hat on)

Abramovich has visa problems and in the same week, Visa have problems. Coincidence?

Aye, probably but you never know. ;)

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Great week to move to Monzo.

Great week to go back to the barter system.