On 23/05/2018 at 22:52, sonsanorak said:

Aye but it wont need £14m if theres no training pitches, if the houses arent there then the road/infrastructure changes would be reduced too.

How much would it cost to build a small stadium on the renton rd?  How much is the castle rd site worth?

I'd love it if we built onto the old Quarry below castlehill on the Renton Road. Like that Portuguese team. It's just lying there doing nothing. 

Screenshot_20180525-000647.png

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Kyle Hutton may be a case of "better the devil you know". He's far from the perfect midfielder and frustrate at times but when he was on his game this season he was able to run games. Agree that we need to get creativity around him though as he's just not going to split defences or assist goals.

9 minutes ago, Sub-Keeper said:

Fairly pleased with that. If hutton can find a bit of consistency in his game it should be decent signing for this level.

But that's just it. An on-form Hutton would be a fine signing for anyone in this league but an out-of-sorts Hutton can be tragic viewing. Fingers crossed for consistency.

Hopefully, Dowie and Hutton dropping anchor at the Rock might tempt some other potentials to commit.

Hutton when on his game is very solid and reliable. When he's not, meh, and you notice every little mistake.

At league one level though he should be a very good player. I'm happy he's re-signed and it's now up to Stevie to get creativity in and around him to compliment the defensive shield he provides.

Dowie and Hutton being the first two signings for next season is very positive as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully Barr commits soon as well.

34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He's a good player, but hopefully we don't stick him and Carsy (if he sticks around) together again.

Unless the new Carsy (now with added goals) is able to be League 1's Sam Stanton.

I'm hoping Hutton works out but I'm not his biggest fan. He's very lazy and his tackling is missing at times. Positive is that players are signing earlier than last season. with Barr, Hutton, Dowie and Stewart we have a decent base. 

But that's just it. An on-form Hutton would be a fine signing for anyone in this league but an out-of-sorts Hutton can be tragic viewing. Fingers crossed for consistency.
Hopefully, Dowie and Hutton dropping anchor at the Rock might tempt some other potentials to commit.
As Moonster and others have said we need to put creative (different) players around him. Like you say here's hoping Dowie and Hutton (hopefully mango) can help sway a few potential candidates into signing.

I'm bored so I read the article, this made me laugh

The Light Blues legend is certain the former Scotland U-21 stopper has potential that can be unleashed on League One.

First: He's 28 so potential is not really a word I would use, he's been around the lower leagues for a while

Second: He was "unleashed" on League One last year and was promptly relegated as part of the side with the worst defensive record in the division, not really great for a defender to put on his CV...

He's a good player, but hopefully we don't stick him and Carsy (if he sticks around) together again.
Unless the new Carsy (now with added goals) is able to be League 1's Sam Stanton.
This.. would like to see Stevie look at a more dynamic midfield pairing and if that means a pick between Hutton and a returning Carswell, so be it.

Archived