1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

The plot thickens.

Although Rankine moving on was a good thing at the time i believe his contribution to DFC cannot be overlooked. He bought the club and put money in at a time when we were close to going to the wall.He oversaw some good sides in the 90s and got us the stadium move, which like it or not gave the club a boost.Boghead would otherwise have ended up like Firs Park with huge sections of the ground closed to fans.His involvement after a break of 10 years may not necessarliy be a good thing but it may not be bad either.

Walter Smith was at the game, he's probably at more games than Rankine too, but I don't see any plots or conspiracies about Big Watty being in some way involved.

Rankine's too busy pretending he's not involved at Livingston to be involved with us.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Old Scrotum said:

Wasn't it like that?

Yeah the far side was sectioned off but it hadnt quite descended into Firs Park lunacy where the capacity was 640 with 220 of that in the stand.

Bogheads capacity was 18000 pre Ibrox disaster and reduced to 10700 sometime thereafter.Post Hillsborough it went down to 7500 around 1991/2.Subject to regular inspections on the decaying ground it was reduced to 5750 around 1995/6 and finally 3000 by its closure.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Walter Smith was at the game, he's probably at more games than Rankine too, but I don't see any plots or conspiracies about Big Watty being in some way involved.

Rankine's too busy pretending he's not involved at Livingston to be involved with us.

Its well known Watty lives locally and takes his grandson.I think with Rankine its maybe different.What his involvement ,if any, might be.Cant see him turning up for nostalgia reasons somehow.But if theres a business opportunity then deffo.

2 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Its well known Watty lives locally and takes his grandson.I think with Rankine its maybe different.What his involvement ,if any, might be.Cant see him turning up for nostalgia reasons somehow.But if theres a business opportunity then deffo.

What business opportunity does he have at DFC? Brabco have control of the club and aren't selling shares. No more shares will be released. We are literally in a place where nobody can invest in the club other than donating money for virtually nothing more than a free lunch. We have no assets he can take control of. 

Rankine is a guy forever involved in football and watches games every week. It really doesn't mean anything sinister is going on. 

Would anyone have wanted ross county away? Maybe for the day away, and to tick another ground off the list, team wise......naw [emoji30]
Our number in the draw wouldn't have been the same as Montrose because it was based on last year's league positions. We would've been drawn away to Dunfermline.

Brabco have no interest in selling shares.

I don't for a second doubt what you're saying (I have no reason to) but given that you state that they aren't interested in selling shares, do we know, or does anyone know what they are interested in doing?

It's been pretty quiet since the rejection of their grand plan a few months ago.

Lads, sorry to ruin the fun, but Rankine was there to watch the game. Nothing more to it.

Again I don't know so I'm not saying he wasn't, but it could at the very least be looked at as pretty coincidental if that was the case.

I'm sure that if you wanted to buy all their shares then Brabco would sell.
They are not interested in doing anything that dilutes their shareholding. It's all of the shares or none of them as they'd be unwilling to risk losing majority voting rights.

Indeed. Everything in this world has a price. It does beg the question though, in the very unlikely event of a Dumbarton F.C minded billionaire buying them out, what do Brabco want to do next?

58 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Indeed. Everything in this world has a price. It does beg the question though, in the very unlikely event of a Dumbarton F.C minded billionaire buying them out, what do Brabco want to do next?

Thats the crux..if they are skint then the only way to cash in on their investment is to sell.They had all their eggs in the YF  project and it hasnt worked so i do not know what other options they have.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

If selling their shares is the only option, why haven't they done it?

They don't need to.

Owning Dumbarton isn't costing them much more money than they've already spent. There will be some legal and other costs but the bulk of their spend has already gone. Their choice is whether they cash in or wait to see if a better opportunity presents itself.

Selling also requires a willing buyer to pay an acceptable asking price.

Brabco won't go unless they get an offer they feel is appropriate, they make a return on investment in some other way or they absolutely have to liquidate their shares.

13 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

They don't need to.

Owning Dumbarton isn't costing them much more money than they've already spent. There will be some legal and other costs but the bulk of their spend has already gone. Their choice is whether they cash in or wait to see if a better opportunity presents itself.

Selling also requires a willing buyer to pay an acceptable asking price.

Brabco won't go unless they get an offer they feel is appropriate, they make a return on investment in some other way or they absolutely have to liquidate their shares.

Exactly. Selling their shares isn't their only option. It's their last option.

Archived