• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bigmacDFC said:

He’s a clear weak link in our team and it’s absolutely no surprise we’ve shipped so many goals down our left.

This idea that because we’re in league one we have to accept players being poor at their job needs to get to f**k.
It’s obvious that dropping down a level will usually lead to a poorer standard of player... however they are also playing against a poorer standard of player, meaning there should be no excuses for failing to do the basics.

Dyer and Adam are the weakest links in our team and this excusing of their poor performances as ‘they are decent league one players’ is just weird.

So you expect we should have a squad filled with good players? The reality is, that we are a league 1 club and just at any level of Scottish football (more or less) you play to your level. Every team has a weakness in it. The fact is we have a couple and have to just get on with it just now. 

I don't think Dyer has been as bad as some are making out. I would agree that Adam has been far too dodgy at times and we should give McGowan a chance.

23 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

So you expect we should have a squad filled with good players? The reality is, that we are a league 1 club and just at any level of Scottish football (more or less) you play to your level. Every team has a weakness in it. The fact is we have a couple and have to just get on with it just now. 

I don't think Dyer has been as bad as some are making out. I would agree that Adam has been far too dodgy at times and we should give McGowan a chance.

Blow that box and I'll play harmony on the moothie! Spot on.

Got to admit I thought the Aitchison story was pie (and Bovril) in the sky but hopefully it will turn out to be a VERY good bit of business.

Bringing in three players should give those already there a kick up their arses - they can't assume they'll be in the 11+ every game.

21 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Good players signed but can Stevie get them working?

With a fully fit squad, there would be no excuse for us not to finish, at the very least, top 4.

Despite the Arbroath fans believing they'll win the league, Raith will piss it comfortably. Anywhere between 2nd-4th would be success for us.

With a fully fit squad, there would be no excuse for us not to finish, at the very least, top 4.
Despite the Arbroath fans believing they'll win the league, Raith will piss it comfortably. Anywhere between 2nd-4th would be success for us.

I don’t think I’ve seen any Arbroath fans seriously say we’ll win the league.

3 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

According to 1320Lichtie, Raith and Dumbarton will really struggle, which wouldn't leave many other serious contenders.

9 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Probably more other fans than your own.TBH though i think you are the best team in the league in terms of play although missing out on scott martin was a blow.We should be up there but with this manager God alone knows....

Probably more other fans than your own.TBH though i think you are the best team in the league in terms of play although missing out on scott martin was a blow.We should be up there but with this manager God alone knows....

Aye much more like it. If we’d signed Martin I would’ve been very confident of winning the league, but not to be. Still a long way to go, and I’m sure every single arbroath fan remembers the last time we were well top of the league, no over confidence here [emoji23]

Archived