The stats probably don’t say anything that most people wouldn’t already know. Ian Murray set up to win games, hence the higher percentage of defeats, Stevie sets up not to lose games, hence the abnormally high draw percentage.

If a game was 1-1 going into the last ten minutes Murray would more often than not throw on another forward or winger. Stevie would make a like-for-like switch and try and keep things tight.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

The stats probably don’t say anything that most people wouldn’t already know. Ian Murray set up to win games, hence the higher percentage of defeats, Stevie sets up not to lose games, hence the abnormally high draw percentage.

If a game was 1-1 going into the last ten minutes Murray would more often than not throw on another forward or winger. Stevie would make a like-for-like switch and try and keep things tight.

Thats the point isnt it.Its far better to win more lose more than a whole bunch of draws.In 2012/3 IM was in charge for 23 games.Only 2 of those were draws, 12 were wins.Thats what kept us up not shitefests looking to eek out a point only to lose out in the 93 minute etc.

I loved IM approach...he got it bang on in that respect.Unfortuneately he reverted to shitefesting when the big 3 dropped into the league.THAT was a mistake.But as i wrote before it was to do with not losing face.

2 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Thats the point isnt it.Its far better to win more lose more than a whole bunch of draws.In 2012/3 IM was in charge for 23 games.Only 2 of those were draws, 12 were wins.Thats what kept us up not shitefests looking to eek out a point only to lose out in the 93 minute etc.

I loved IM approach...he got it bang on in that respect.Unfortuneately he reverted to shitefesting when the big 3 dropped into the league.THAT was a mistake.But as i wrote before it was to do with not losing face.

I have to agree with you. The risk/reward of going for a win, rather than settling for a draw, is statistically worth it.

The only way to get a fair comparison between each manager would be to normalise the data for the difficulty of the division they were in. Obviously that’s massively subjective and not easily quantifiable.

It’s also worth noting that thirteen of IM’s matches (12%) were against Hearts, Hibs and Rangers.

Edited to add: Regardless of stats, IM is clearly, by a mile, the best manager we’ve had in the modern era, and arguably ever. Anyone who says it was all down to Jack Ross and Murray wasn’t all that, should be hung, drawn and quartered and displayed from the top of Dumbarton Castle.

12 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

You do know that you're quoting and replying to an account that was deliberately set up to troll/draw that kind of response don't you. That and to encourage folk to take the piss out of a certain small group of Sons fans who aren't actually on PnB and who are entirely harmless.

How do you know that?

Seems more like an 'Aitken's Army' foot soldier that is posting tbh.

21 minutes ago, Sub-Keeper said:

I'd imagine this is confirmation of Aitchison in on loan. Don't know much about him to be honest...Ross Forbes any insight??

Youngest Celtic player in history and the youngest Celtic goalscorer ever.  Has six goals and six assists in 15 UEFA Youth League appearances - averaging a goal every 205 minutes in that. Also has two goals for Celtic (boaks) "Colts" in the Challenge Cup - against Annan and Cowden (although has played for them already this season, so won't be able to play for us against Montrose). According to a few things I've seen he can play out wide or in-behind a striker too. So it'll be interesting to see us play him at full-back or something!

He was linked heavily with Dundee United earlier in the window.

Here he is scoring at the Rock for Celtic:

I think Aitchison could be a great signing but I still fear we are light in defence and wide midfielders.

I think 5 strikers is massively excessive for a squad of our size so I can only assume either one of them will be used as cover out wide or one of them will be punted (could we afford to punt one of them this early?). I think Aitken needs to pull a defender from somewhere before the weekend, even if it's a trialist to cover for a couple of games. We simply can't go into Saturday's game with 2 fit defenders.

Archived