18 minutes ago, Outside Looking In said:

It’s just 2 games in and it’s off with his head. I agree, the team formation is all over the place. But there are 8 new players to try and gel together that have only really played together for 2 games (its trial and error where we don’t really have the space for error).
If we had spent hundreds of thousands on players then maybe there would be a reason to be annoyed, but to rustle up a team like we have in a short space of time (a great one at that) will take a good few games to get it just right and then I think we will be unstoppable. It’s going to be a bitter pill to swallow as we watch them getting it right (and hope is it’s not too late) but I think it will be worth it in the end. If that had been 2 wins out of 2 it would have been triumphant Aitken strikes again. As it happens it’s doom and gloom. What happens if we skelp Arbroath next week where does that put Aitken and the team?

I don’t think the majority of people are already calling for Aitken’s head, but there are many people justifiably concerned about his tactical decisions and ability to deliver on the promise of attacking football.

Yesterday wasn’t about just one bad result, it was a realisation that Aitken is never going to change the way he plays. Which will make it very difficult for himself to win games and win the fans round. If you’re going to play a painful brand of football to watch, you have got to deliver results. Awful football and awful results, simply won’t wash. You have the worst of both worlds in that case. There is no saving grace to point to when you lose.

In my opinion, Aitken will see the Arbroath game as a ‘must not lose’. He will approach it in the same manner as the play-offs. We will play even more cautiously than the game at the weekend. We simply won’t skelp Arbroath next week, but regardless of the result people are justifiably concerned about the continued malaise and same old rhetoric Aitken is coming out with.

The pressure is on, please prove me wrong Aitken.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Outside Looking In said:

It’s just 2 games in and it’s off with his head. I agree, the team formation is all over the place. But there are 8 new players to try and gel together that have only really played together for 2 games (its trial and error where we don’t really have the space for error).
If we had spent hundreds of thousands on players then maybe there would be a reason to be annoyed, but to rustle up a team like we have in a short space of time (a great one at that) will take a good few games to get it just right and then I think we will be unstoppable. It’s going to be a bitter pill to swallow as we watch them getting it right (and hope is it’s not too late) but I think it will be worth it in the end. If that had been 2 wins out of 2 it would have been triumphant Aitken strikes again. As it happens it’s doom and gloom. What happens if we skelp Arbroath next week where does that put Aitken and the team?

Hi Stevie!  :P

Please play attacking football, on the deck next week. 

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Hi Stevie!  :P

Please play attacking football, on the deck next week. 

Thanks

Beat me to it :lol:

People have been fed up with Aitken and his shite for a while now.  It's not just 2 games.   Just because it's a new season doesn't mean he's above criticism.  Him being a complete shitebag has been a recurring theme since his first season in charge.  If we play like that we will not get promoted - HIS aim.  If he changes it fair play but you cannot blame people for assuming he won't because apart from a 3/4 month spell 2 seasons ago it's been his awful negative pish nonstop.

4 hours ago, Outside Looking In said:

I get your point but it does come down to management.Ian  Murray transformed a team of no hopers into a team that was able to beat all the others in the championship.Literally overnight.gelling is one thing but not knowing how to play is another.

8 hours ago, sonsism said:

Beat me to it :lol:

People have been fed up with Aitken and his shite for a while now.  It's not just 2 games.   Just because it's a new season doesn't mean he's above criticism.  Him being a complete shitebag has been a recurring theme since his first season in charge.  If we play like that we will not get promoted - HIS aim.  If he changes it fair play but you cannot blame people for assuming he won't because apart from a 3/4 month spell 2 seasons ago it's been his awful negative pish nonstop.

Aye, after the Bonnyrigg debacle he turned things around & we played some decent enough stuff tbf. Reverted back to type the following season(s) though. 

^^^ Aitken's Army member

11 hours ago, Outside Looking In said:

Capture.JPG.495f35d6ab8ff21947e9f16787e2da45.JPG

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

^^^ Aitken's Army member

Aitken's Army commander in chief.

For anyone interested just watched the people’s history show on stv which tells the story of Johnny madden who was born in Dumbarton and had a successful career with Dumbarton and Celtic before going to Czechoslovakia to manage Slavia Prague for 25 years. He is recognised in Central European countries as the most influential coach and the man who taught the Central Europeans how to play the passing game which they all play better now than we do.

19 hours ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

For anyone interested just watched the people’s history show on stv which tells the story of Johnny madden who was born in Dumbarton and had a successful career with Dumbarton and Celtic before going to Czechoslovakia to manage Slavia Prague for 25 years. He is recognised in Central European countries as the most influential coach and the man who taught the Central Europeans how to play the passing game which they all play better now than we do.

Do you know if this is available on any catch up services?  Wouldn't mind giving it a watch.

Big game for Aitken tonight, I fear. A hiding and the knives could be out for him.

The league is the main priority but this gives us a chance to bounce back with a performance at least and a chance for Stevie to demonstrate that he's the error of his ways with arsing about with tactics and being uber-negative at home...

Aye, I won't be holding my breath either.

I can't decide if tonight is a lose/lose for Stevie, or a totally free hit. If we lose then it's going to do nothing for him (if we get pumped it'll hurt him further, even if his most vocal critics stay away), whilst if we get through I don't think anyone will be overly delighted. 

On the other hand a win would help team confidence and might just buy him an extra bit of a time within a lower pressure game. It's all about performance for me tonight though. I want to see a big response to Saturday and if that means a Killie second-half like performance and defeat then I'm fine with that. Sitting back with everyone behind the ball and winning on penalties might just be the worst outcome.

Just now, Ross Forbes said:

I can't decide if tonight is a lose/lose for Stevie, or a totally free hit. If we lose then it's going to do nothing for him (if we get pumped it'll hurt him further, even if his most vocal critics stay away), whilst if we get through I don't think anyone will be overly delighted. 

On the other hand a win would help team confidence and might just buy him an extra bit of a time within a lower pressure game. It's all about performance for me tonight though. I want to see a big response to Saturday and if that means a Killie second-half like performance and defeat then I'm fine with that. Sitting back with everyone behind the ball and winning on penalties might just be the worst outcome.

Reaction is everything for me tonight. I want to see the team anticipating every second ball and fighting for it.  I don't want to look out on the field and see 10 guys with their heads down and a keeper with his arms in the air asking what's going on like Saturday. Let's start acting like a team who are there to support each other on the pitch rather than pass the buck.

I don't really think this is a big game. If I was Aitken, I'd be looking at it as a free hit and a chance to experiment a bit. Even if it was a St Mirren-eque result, Saturday would still be the big one.

I get what you're saying in regards to it being a 'free hit', but it's not the way I see it.

I know it's only one result and performance, and believe me, I'm not panicking yet, but with the abject performance, dejected looking players and disjointed line-up on Saturday, added to the defeat and overall awful performance, I just don't feel Aitken has a 'free hit'.

As Moonster says, this is about a reaction. How we bounce back from
Saturday's shambles. The result for me is almost immaterial, but the performance needs to be there. Desire. Fight. And a side showing that they can play together.

Step up Stevie and the lads

20 hours ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

Watched it as well,quite enjoyed it

I don't think I've ever criticised anyone if they have at least tried. They might not be up to the job but effort is to applauded.

Yon big herry beastie that played for Arsenal on Sunday wasn't outstanding but he is the one getting praise from the pundits for his work-rate and determination.

Meanwhile, we've got too many Ozils.

Archived