• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Old Scrotum said:

Can someone be brought in if he plays as an amateur? How does the "emergency loan signing" system work these days?

Asking as I genuinely don't know the answers.

You can play trialists in League One afaik. I'd imagine amateurs would need to be signed within the window though

I copied SD's post on emergency loans into my Google Drive, so here's how they work this season:

There are no emergency loans any more EXCEPT for a goalkeeper and then only on a week by week basis with a Doctor's certificate to show genuine injury or illness.

All loans are now what was previously described as a Development Loan which means the player on loan can play 1st team only for the borrowing club but can play reserves for the lending club also. No age restrictions on loans.

All loans are to be window to window.

Maximum of 4 loans at once (one from any club in the same division and two at most from a club in another division).

League 1 & 2 clubs can bring in a loan player in September and February also, effectively a one month extension on both windows. We (QOS) can't bring one in outside a window but we could lend one out downwards obviously.

^^ Thanks^^.  I wondered if a "retired", experienced player who, say, lived locally and was still fit enough might be brought in as an amateur (not trialist) to fill the bench numbers just in case. Not thinking of anyone in particular although I wonder what the Carsons are up to these days. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

There's a big feature length interview with Stevie on the OS. Well worth a read:

• Squad is likely complete (as I said :whistle)
  • "We want to put a team on the pitch playing entertaining football and winning games, and to score more goals"
  • He believes team spirit will be huge...which (if I'm reading between the lines correctly) we lacked last season with our massive squad 
  • Ross Perry can play at left-back :unsure:

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3725

Did he not basically say the squad is complete for the first game of the season? But went on to say we have until the end of August for loans? Which was all anyone has really suggested.

9 hours ago, Darren1872 said:
12 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:
Benefit fraud.

Any articles or that on this? Some toilet reading.

Doubt it Darren, it was way back in the early 80s, well before t'internet.

From memory, Big Tam got done for claiming the buroo*.  In the Vale buroo office. While playing for professional football for Dumbarton and being in the papers every week.

Still led to one of my favourite ever terrace shouts.  We had a game at Morton just after the story broke.  Everyone was congregated either side of the fence in the cowshed for the banter as per.  Tam let a shot from distance in, one of those shots that everyone pretty much felt he could/should have caught, or certainly parried.  Once the bedlam subsided, some Morton fan shouted "Bet you'd've caught it if it was a giro"**  :lol:

*for younger Sons, 'buroo' was Unemployment Benefit.

**you used to get paid your buroo money by giro, which was like a cheque***

***you guys know what a cheque is, right? :wacko:

Was just having a look at the stats, and Steviie Aitken has now managed us for 143 games. That makes him our longest serving manager (in terms of games) since Alex Wright.
He'll be into the top ten in 11 games from now, which will be sometime in October depending on how we get on in the Challenge cup.

14 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Who doesn't need a DFC bathrobe in their life?  Ding dong.

image.png.1465cccd300dcdb3c28089ec14231c1b.png

This is just wrong on all fronts BR.

Ding dong was Leslie Phillips, Terry Thomas was better known for "I saaay".

11 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

Christian Nade played as a trialist for Troon this evening.

He was sent off after 25 minutes.

9 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

The words management and anger spring to mind.

Apparently sent off for swearing. 

34 minutes ago, albundy said:
4 hours ago, The Moonster said:
Apparently sent off for swearing. 

When you think of what must be said on a pitch during a game, I'd be interested to know what actually constitutes a red card.

**My filthy mind has come up with him flipping the referee the middle finger, & (in a French twang) saying "Smell yer maw"  :blink:

**Apologies in advance for any offence caused

Archived