• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Long before even my time, but there was a player in the late 40s for the Sons called Charlie Bootland. He's on the right on this photo. Matches sponsored by Swan Vestas.

bootland.jpg

Ah, those were the days. When men were men; with  brylcreemed hair and centre partings (and didn't wear their socks to the same length. )

Charlie Bootland's cigarette card pops up on ebay  every now and again.

7 hours ago, rockson said:

Ah, those were the days. When men were men; with  brylcreemed hair and centre partings (and didn't wear their socks to the same length. )

I still am and have.

That's got me thinking as to the last Sons player to use Brylcreem, and my money would be on the late Willie Whigham.

32 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
9 hours ago, rockson said:

That's got me thinking as to the last Sons player to use Brylcreem, and my money would be on the late Willie Whigham.

Jim Hughes

11 hours ago, rockson said:

Plus everyone on the terraces wearing a full suit and tie.

On 27/07/2018 at 09:41, Ross Forbes said:

Ballantyne and Thomson doubtful for tomorrow according to the OS. Shame, as I'm really keen to see Cammy play - but there'd be no point risking him in this with the real stuff kicking off next week.

Be good to see Loy get a solid 60 minutes or so under his belt tomorrow. I'd be inclined to start him with Little in Thomson's role and then bring the SeaGal on. I can't see Stevie going with two out-and-out strikers. Something like this would be interesting, but there's no chance of Carsy and Hutton being split up, so hopefully we'll finally see Forbes as a #10.

Grant Adam

Ross Perry Craig Barr Andy Dowie Willie Dyer

Stuart Carswell Ross Forbes

Michael Paton Andy Little Bobby Barr

Rory Loy

Meh. I was close enough. Pleased to see Loy handed a start and Forbes in his natural role.

Adam, Perry, Dyer, Dowie, C.Barr, Hutton, Carswell, B.Barr, Forbes, Paton, Loy.

1 minute ago, Ross Forbes said:

Remember when we could defend? 

We look like we couldn't really give less of a toss today. Which is fine, so long as we seriously up things next week.

Doesnt exactly fill me with confidence..we have been garbage full stop

Pish, utter pish. Aitken shitebag well and truly alive today.

Leaving 4 men back at corners when we are 2-0 down. Sitting deep as f**k, is it not obvious that we don’t have the pace to counter attack? Hutton and Carswell have probably been the worst, miles off the pace and couldn’t care less.

Archived