• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent pre season showing without ever getting out of second gear. Calum was best, and Forbes, beanie looked like beanie of old, sharp, chased a few balls about, few shaky moments for perry, but his, and few other ball deliveries into the box were outstanding, if only Loy was there to lap them up.

When was the last time we topped a cup group?

6 hours ago, optimistic said:

Decent pre season showing without ever getting out of second gear. Calum was best, and Forbes, beanie looked like beanie of old, sharp, chased a few balls about, few shaky moments for perry, but his, and few other ball deliveries into the box were outstanding, if only Loy was there to lap them up.

When was the last time we topped a cup group?

Beginning to sound like England there, we haven’t played anybody yet. 

I must admit I thought Forbes done OK last night, nothing special. Paton, Carswell and Seagal were our best performers IMO.

First half we had a really good 30 minute spell where we dominated and played some gorgeous stuff. 2nd half we seemed to take our foot off the gas and I thought we looked poor at times and against a better side (nae offence to QP) we would've been punished.

By the end of the game Hutton was just sauntering around like he was out on a Sunday morning stroll, I can only assume this was down to tiredness. Forbes also looked absolutely gassed.

Hutton and Dowie had poor games IMO. I also thought Perry looked lost at right back, despite a couple of nice balls into the box. At times one of the centre backs was looking for a pass ans he didn't know what run to make and at other times he was massively caught out of position after pushing forward. If I was Aitken I'd be making a backup fullback who can cover both sides a priority signing before the real stuff starts.

All in all job done and a decent run out for the players. Guys like Forbes will benefit from another 90 mins in the tank.

Andy G put on Twitter that Ballantyne had aggravated his injury and will miss Saturday, which is a bit of a pest.

I'd probably be inclined to move Dowie or Mango to RB and plop Perry back in the middle. The thought of him against Jordan Jones gives me the fear. He's fine at the basics (heading, blocking, tackling) but when it comes to decision making or positioning it was pretty evident last night that he's not a RB.

22 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I must admit I thought Forbes done OK last night, nothing special. Paton, Carswell and Seagal were our best performers IMO.

First half we had a really good 30 minute spell where we dominated and played some gorgeous stuff. 2nd half we seemed to take our foot off the gas and I thought we looked poor at times and against a better side (nae offence to QP) we would've been punished.

By the end of the game Hutton was just sauntering around like he was out on a Sunday morning stroll, I can only assume this was down to tiredness. Forbes also looked absolutely gassed.

Hutton and Dowie had poor games IMO. I also thought Perry looked lost at right back, despite a couple of nice balls into the box. At times one of the centre backs was looking for a pass ans he didn't know what run to make and at other times he was massively caught out of position after pushing forward. If I was Aitken I'd be making a backup fullback who can cover both sides a priority signing before the real stuff starts.

All in all job done and a decent run out for the players. Guys like Forbes will benefit from another 90 mins in the tank.

I think we need to realise it is preseason still and playersd are short of match fitness.Hopefully CB and RL will be fit for saturday and we put out a side that will likely be our starting 11.

Game time is what its all about now and getting ready for the league campaign.Defensive cover is needed and im sure we will pick up a couple in the loan market.

By the way, can anyone explain why that guy in the home end was so raging last night?  He sounded like a dying goat having his balls trodden on.

I really do wonder about our support sometimes, we're a complete madhouse collection of individuals.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

By the way, can anyone explain why that guy in the home end was so raging last night?  He sounded like a dying goat having his balls trodden on.

I really do wonder about our support sometimes, we're a complete madhouse collection of individuals.

Was it the white noise guy (as I've decided to call him) who just shrieks 'CAAAMMAAAAN' or (last night) 'FAARRWWAAARRDD' and 'QQUUUICCKKAAA'? 

A guy over in the black strip section was urging us to 'Get it in the box' every time Adam took a short goal-kick to one of the centre-backs too. Clearly not a fan of our Barca style of play.

6 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Was it the white noise guy (as I've decided to call him) who just shrieks 'CAAAMMAAAAN' or (last night) 'FAARRWWAAARRDD' and 'QQUUUICCKKAAA'? 

A guy over in the black strip section was urging us to 'Get it in the box' every time Adam took a short goal-kick to one of the centre-backs too. Clearly not a fan of our Barca style of play.

Aye, it was the "FARWARD" guy last night. I don't normally hear that guy as I sit up the back but I moved seats last night and was treated to his tones every 10 or 15 seconds. Utterly frightening tbh.

That was brutal. As the game wore on you could hear more people getting pissed off with having to listen to it. He sounded like a raving fuckin lunatic.

He must have screamed "forward" about 50 times. I could even see a couple of the stewards pissing themselves laughing everytime he done it.

What is seriously concerning is that he normally has a child with him, and he demonstrably does not have the wit or wisdom to realise the effects of his frankly out of order behaviour.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, it was the "FARWARD" guy last night. I don't normally hear that guy as I sit up the back but I moved seats last night and was treated to his tones every 10 or 15 seconds. Utterly frightening tbh.

I sat behind him at Cappielow last season and the force of his shriek very nearly fired me onto the pitch.

He needs to relax. Mainly for his own health, getting yourself into that state every week cannot be good for the heart. A couple of seasons ago he was doing it at East End Park and a guy turned round and, pretty firmly, told him to stop (if you're reading this, I salute you). It got a wee round of applause from everyone around him and, low and behold, he was pretty quiet for the rest of the game.

I've got two cracking memories of him though. The first game I noticed him was the 3-3 with Falkirk at TFS under Ian Murray. We were behind the goal, and he was actually patrolling around the front of the stand doing it at one point :lol: My brother also got a video of him at Easter Road in the 2-2 game marching down the front to fire GIRUY gestures at the Hibs support after Berba put us ahead :lol:

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Tam Walsh is having a good start to his ICT career. 

He can be near enough unplayable when he fancies it. If you stick him through the middle then that will be on a far more regular basis than if you leave him out wide too. He must have worked on his finishing though, because he was always good at getting into a great position...and then firing a tame shot directly at the 'keeper. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Where is he playing for you guys?

Wide right but seems to be more effective in behind Nathan Austin/Jordan White.

Archived