23 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Tonight I'm fully expecting us NOT to start with Carswell and Hutton as a central pairing, with Thomson in behind Russell. If we do I'm starting the Aitken out movement before our league campaign is tainted.

Start one of Carswell or Hutton alongside Thomson. Forbes patrolling dat hole. Barr and Paton wide. Seagal or Little up top.

Also hoping to see Ballantyne tonight, I've got high hopes for him.

I'd like to see us go with two up top to be honest, Little and SeaGal flanked by B.Barr and Paton sounds attractive to me. We need to be scoring goals to attract folk in and get the fans back on Stevie's side, and everyone could see how much better things looked when Forbes moved more centrally - though (as Stevie mentions) we switched to a diamond late in the game. So that could be something he considers.

If it was me I'd go for something like this. Dropping Thomson and Perry might look a bit harsh, but I'm desperate to see us put out as strong a team as we can. 

Grant Adam

Cammy Ballantyne Craig Barr Andy Dowie Willie Dyer

Carswell/Hutton

Michael Paton Ross Forbes Bobby Barr

Calum Gallagher Andy Little

I'm really looking forward to it. Midweek home games are great.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

I'd like to see us go with two up top to be honest, Little and SeaGal flanked by B.Barr and Paton sounds attractive to me. We need to be scoring goals to attract folk in and get the fans back on Stevie's side, and everyone could see how much better things looked when Forbes moved more centrally - though (as Stevie mentions) we switched to a diamond late in the game. So that could be something he considers.

If it was me I'd go for something like this. Dropping Thomson and Perry might look a bit harsh, but I'm desperate to see us put out as strong a team as we can. 

Grant Adam

Cammy Ballantyne Craig Barr Andy Dowie Willie Dyer

Carswell/Hutton

Michael Paton Ross Forbes Bobby Barr

Calum Gallagher Andy Little

I'm really looking forward to it. Midweek home games are great.

For the sake of our souls we need to go 2 up front as playing the same system as last year would be demoralising to say the least.Above formation would be great ...i would choose carswell over hutton.

I seriously hope Stevie changes the chip and plays ATTACKING football this year.Fans are counting on it.If its more negative pish coupled with so-so results then we need someone withfresh ideas i am sorry to say.

I'm not really bothered what formation we play as long as it works. We played the 4-2-3-1 and successfully attacked teams in the Championship, especially during the last 6 months of our second last season there. It's all about the players deployed within it and I think we're all in agreement that as long as that doesn't involve Carswell and Hutton next to each other then we'll do okay.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing Little and Gallagher start up front in a 4-4-2 tonight, both were really busy and dragging defenders around on Saturday, it left space for Forbes and Paton to operate in. 

He might tinker it about for these pre season/cup games but there is no doubt in my mind that by the time the real stuff starts he will have Hutton and Carswell both playing.

Not saying it is what I want but I think we all know it is going to happen.

He might tinker it about for these pre season/cup games but there is no doubt in my mind that by the time the real stuff starts he will have Hutton and Carswell both playing.
Not saying it is what I want but I think we all know it is going to happen.
I hate to say it but I think you are right. I always felt the best course of action would be to retain one of them and as much as I think both are decent players I had a feeling of dread when I heard both were staying. Both will be on a decent wedge and I have no doubt in my mind Aitken will want to start them both, as he done so all of last season. The only slight glimmer of hope I have is the arrival of Paton and Aitken experimenting with the diamond.

Someone needs to organise a meet the manager pronto so us unqualified experts can let the qualified football manager know where he's going wrong.

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I hate to say it but I think you are right. I always felt the best course of action would be to retain one of them and as much as I think both are decent players I had a feeling of dread when I heard both were staying. Both will be on a decent wedge and I have no doubt in my mind Aitken will want to start them both, as he done so all of last season. The only slight glimmer of hope I have is the arrival of Paton and Aitken experimenting with the diamond.

Someone needs to organise a meet the manager pronto so us unqualified experts can let the qualified football manager know where he's going wrong.

.. and to ask why Garry Fleming hasn't signed back yet..

4 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

For the sake of our souls we need to go 2 up front as playing the same system as last year would be demoralising to say the least.Above formation would be great ...i would choose carswell over hutton.

I seriously hope Stevie changes the chip and plays ATTACKING football this year.Fans are counting on it.If its more negative pish coupled with so-so results then we need someone withfresh ideas i am sorry to say.

He has said in a number of interviews that his intention is to be more attack minded this season. I hope so, let's see.

1 minute ago, Old Scrotum said:

On sale tonight, I wonder.

I'm not sure the club will have received stock of them yet if TTL have just put them up on their page today.  I would hope we'll have a batch for Saturday but I don't know.

Also, regarding this evening v. Queens Park, if Aitken is not prepared to play two up front against an amateur side from a lower league he should take a long hard look at himself.  (I withdraw that comment if two strikers are not available.)

Tip of the hat to the groundsman - pitch is looking fantastic considering the condition it was in and the amount of sun we've had. I don't know why but a picture of a lovely pitch ahead of the game gets me really up for it.

DiPa08rXkAYi65T.jpg:large

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Tip of the hat to the groundsman - pitch is looking fantastic considering the condition it was in and the amount of sun we've had. I don't know why but a picture of a lovely pitch ahead of the game gets me really up for it.

DiPa08rXkAYi65T.jpg:large

It's that start-of-the-season thing.

DiPa08rXkAYi65T.jpg:large&key=36c10646ad5316a0e23b78960efd97e76a8409194ffe0c798c7abc5a162af893

Your missus will be chuffed [emoji102]

Archived