1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

Clydebank are pish and well below our level anyway. Seeing as we don't have our youth system anymore we couldn't send our u-17s anyway.

I miss the annual trip to the Millburn.

Could have been interesting this year if the Vale put out all the U-20 league winners that Sons let go.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see McLaughlin is off to Australia to play for Stirling Lions for 8 weeks in the hope of bagging a better deal elsewhere.

Sounds risky and I can only assume he didn't have many offers here. He was heavily linked with Ross County and Aitken said he was going full-time so I'm guessing that fell through. Good luck to him.

21 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I see McLaughlin is off to Australia to play for Stirling Lions for 8 weeks in the hope of bagging a better deal elsewhere.

Sounds risky and I can only assume he didn't have many offers here. He was heavily linked with Ross County and Aitken said he was going full-time so I'm guessing that fell through. Good luck to him.

Joining Gordon Smith (ECU Joondalup) and Jon McShane (Hume City) as the exiled Sons in Australia.

There are probably others, but those two guys immediately came to mind.

Best of luck to him. Can only assume it's to help him get his fitness up as he'd get into quite a few Championship teams. Unless a move to the A League is the goal.

17 minutes ago, microdave said:

I was looking for something else but I came upon this pic of the Dumbarton team that played in the Oban tournament in 2006.

oban.jpg

Can anyone name everyone in the picture. From top left.

Ian Dobbins

not sure

John White

Steven Grindlay

Ryan Boris

Not sure

not sure 

John Gemmell

Barry Donald

not sure

Ian Russell

not sure (pretty sure that’s the guy that a ref fell over while lying injured on Stirling Albions pitch.

Scott Bannerman

Paul Ronald

That list could be very wrong haha

1 minute ago, Sons Fan said:

Ian Dobbins

not sure

John White

Steven Grindlay

Ryan Boris

Not sure

not sure 

John Gemmell

Barry Donald

not sure

Ian Russell

not sure (pretty sure that’s the guy that a ref fell over while lying injured on Stirling Albions pitch.

Scott Bannerman

Paul Ronald

Jamie Smith

Kevin McDonald

Graham Connell

Paul McQuilken

Danny Ferry

.. are your not sures!

1 hour ago, microdave said:

I was looking for something else but I came upon this pic of the Dumbarton team that played in the Oban tournament in 2006.

oban.jpg

I actually spotted that photo a wee while back. One of my mates works with Ian Dobbins' wife/girlfriend but only found he was a footballer a few months back. He's apparently a lovely guy.

2 hours ago, Thommo90 said:

Does anyone know if total teamware have the home shirt on sale?

Was told they have them in the shop but just not online yet, I'm in Maryhill working, thinking of going along later on.

Just the away kit, numbers, and a scarf.

Ian Dobbins
not sure
John White
Steven Grindlay
Ryan Boris
Not sure
not sure 
John Gemmell
Barry Donald
not sure
Ian Russell
Scott Bannerman
Paul Ronald
I was on a business call to big Ronaldo recently and reminded him of that 25-yard half-volley in a 3-0 win over Morton....IIRC that was the 'Williamsgate' season.

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
3 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:
I actually spotted that photo a wee while back. One of my mates works with Ian Dobbins' wife/girlfriend but only found he was a footballer a few months back. He's apparently a lovely guy.

I was under the impression that he emigrated to Australia, but maybe not !

Not unless there's a guy kicking about Glasgow claiming to be him ;)

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
5 hours ago, Sons Fan said:
Ian Dobbins
not sure
John White
Steven Grindlay
Ryan Boris
Not sure
not sure 
John Gemmell
Barry Donald
not sure
Ian Russell
Scott Bannerman
Paul Ronald

I was on a business call to big Ronaldo recently and reminded him of that 25-yard half-volley in a 3-0 win over Morton....IIRC that was the 'Williamsgate' season.

Was that the one from the corner of the box? That’s the one that away stuck in my mind.

Tonight I'm fully expecting us NOT to start with Carswell and Hutton as a central pairing, with Thomson in behind Russell. If we do I'm starting the Aitken out movement before our league campaign is tainted.

Start one of Carswell or Hutton alongside Thomson. Forbes patrolling dat hole. Barr and Paton wide. Seagal or Little up top.

Also hoping to see Ballantyne tonight, I've got high hopes for him.

Archived