25 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

You seem to be ITK. Is this because the deal with Joma dictates that we have new kit each season or is the Joma deal in its last season ? Cheers.

The last two have only been one season wonders.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

You seem to be ITK. Is this because the deal with Joma dictates that we have new kit each season or is the Joma deal in its last season ? Cheers.

I'm not sure when the Joma deal's up but as far as I'm aware it's a club decision to change the home top on a yearly basis. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, I'm hoping he's here to push Adam for a place rather than be happy at back up. He's what, 21? and hasn't played many games, hopefully he wants the number 1 jersey.

21 going on 41 judging by the combover 

8 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:
9 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:
Another night without sleep. Dang.

Frenetic? Could there be more than one signing?

I'd be surprised. One more signing would take us up to 17, and that seems to be Stevie's magic number.

Hoping that it will be Paton, even if I am still a little concerned about our lack of left-footed defenders. He looks like someone who'd add another totally different edge to our game.

7 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

I'd be surprised. One more signing would take us up to 17, and that seems to be Stevie's magic number.

Hoping that it will be Paton, even if I am still a little concerned about our lack of left-footed defenders. He looks like someone who'd add another totally different edge to our game.

I think he might trust Little or Carswell at left back if required. Paton on the face of it is pretty much what we need. If his delivery from the right and Forbes pinging them in, Loy should have plenty chances. 

Lets just get on with the games. f**k this waiting about nonsense.

Just now, The Moonster said:

I think he might trust Little or Carswell at left back if required. Paton on the face of it is pretty much what we need. If his delivery from the right and Forbes pinging them in, Loy should have plenty chances. 

Lets just get on with the games. f**k this waiting about nonsense.

:wub:  I'll never get bored of reading that. I hope it works as well irl as it sounds like it should on paper.

I'm inclined to agree RE Carsy or Little. Plus defenders are boring. Sign lots of attacking players and lets get back to the Ian Murray days of scoring and conceding loads.

I understand this C&G Systems sponsorship has helped a bit especially with them offering jobs outside of football to the likes of Rory Loy, but how the f**k are Dumbarton managing to assemble this team without majorly gambling on going up?

35 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

I understand this C&G Systems sponsorship has helped a bit especially with them offering jobs outside of football to the likes of Rory Loy, but how the f**k are Dumbarton managing to assemble this team without majorly gambling on going up?

I think it is quite easy to see that there are a few bodies in there who are unknown quantities or just to bulk the squad up. It does look like we have a very good nucleus of a team and we are actually much stronger, on paper, than most expected us to be.

But the guys we have signed are probably making more money being part time with Dumbarton and working on the rails than what they would simply playing FT football. There are also career prospects in what they are doing which could be really handy in a few years time when they move on from football.

Not saying that covers it all, but it really does help. The likes of Craig Barr is unique in that he dropped to part time in a bid to help his injury problems - touch wood it worked last season. I'm pretty sure he said somewhere it really helps that he gets a few days away from football each week in rest.

Dowie was a stand out last season, but is ultimately at a stage in his career where he isn't likely to move up the league's either.

For any Dumbarton fans wanting to use the Spartan's clubhouse on Saturday prior to the game or at half time we have kept back a limited number of Clubhouse passes especially for Dumbarton fans. There is only a small amount and these are  available if you get there before 2PM. 

Archived