• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jamie McGowan?
Based on the fact we've not been linked with anyone else and McGowan has been the only trialist I'd be surprised if it was anyone else.

If we could tie up Little, Paton and McGowan I'd say that's pretty much us. I'd like some full back cover to be brought in but I'm not sure the budget will stretch to that.

Signing McGowan, Little and Paton would give us a squad of 17. Aitken said we would be running with a squad of 17 or 18, so I reckon if it is those three that sign up then that will likely be us unless something crops up in the loan market which is within whatever is left of the budget.  I'm not sure counting on Andy Little as full back cover is the wisest idea, but I suppose the likes of Thomson could probably do a job there if we were really stuck. 

Really hope we get Paton tbh, he would enhance the starting 11 even more.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Signing McGowan, Little and Paton would give us a squad of 17. Aitken said we would be running with a squad of 17 or 18, so I reckon if it is those three that sign up then that will likely be us unless something crops up in the loan market which is within whatever is left of the budget.  I'm not sure counting on Andy Little as full back cover is the wisest idea, but I suppose the likes of Thomson could probably do a job there if we were really stuck. 

Really hope we get Paton tbh, he would enhance the starting 11 even more.

Sums it up pretty much but i think Aitken will use the loan market and get cover for LB or Left Midfield.I think we will end up with about 19/20.

FWIW Paton if he signs may well eclipse Loy....think he would be excellent at this level.

7 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Who is Paton and who did he play for and what position? Sorry i can't picture him?

Michael Paton, he's a wide midfielder. Played for Aberdeen, Brechin, Stockport County, Queen of the South and last season was at Dunfermline.  pretty good reviews from Pars fans, his main downside appears to be his lack of pace but he certainly appeared to have the skill/brain on Saturday.

And a picture of him just so yer not lost ;)

Image result for michael paton footballer

Paton assisted 17 goals in our promotion season a few years back. He can put cracking crosses in, if you can work the ball wide to him. Right midfield  is his most effective position.

He is painfully slow, so don't expect him whizzing past fullbacks, and he's not very keen on tackling, which is why(allied with no pace) you can't play him in centre midfield.

Good player with the talent to play at a higher level but his flaws mentioned above hold him back from progressing.

2 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Paton assisted 17 goals in our promotion season a few years back. He can put cracking crosses in, if you can work the ball wide to him. Right midfield  is his most effective position.

He is painfully slow, so don't expect him whizzing past fullbacks, and he's not very keen on tackling, which is why(allied with no pace) you can't play him in centre midfield.

Good player with the talent to play at a higher level but his flaws mentioned above hold him back from progressing.

He'll be used on the right for us I'd imagine. We're well stocked in the middle of the park but don't really have a natural wide right player.  

Paton and Forbes planting balls onto Loy's napper sounds good to me though.

One of my staunch mates described Little to me as 'a Lower League Kris Boyd with pace'. Not technically the greatest, but good at sticking away chances when they come his way.

Assuming he's not on big money this looks pretty low risk. Get him fit (and keep him fit) and he should be a good option who'll be desperate to get back playing regular football. If he isn't fit then we can punt him in January.

Welcome aboard Andy. Nine international caps and a goal every other game for Rangers is certainly something that gives me hope.

Archived